• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

50,000 push-ups

Raulski

I just want your opinions. If I were to do 137 push-ups a day, that would be 50,000 in one year. If I broke them up over the day so I only did about 20 at a time, I'd never actually be "pushing" myself.
My question is, all other things equal, would me in 12 months plus 50,000 push-ups be any different than without? I'm also wondering the same for body weight squats & crunches.

When I was in high school I used to do 200 every day. Started off doing ten or twenty, after a year I could do 200 in one hit.

Been thinking of starting to do them again.

Will definitely make a difference, how much depends on everything else you do and what your diet is like.

I'd say it would make a difference and as said, you'd get stronger doing them to the point you'd get your daily quota straight up rather than needing the whole day to knock them out. Even starting off, you could probably superset pushups, body weight squats and crunches so you get 50k of each in a year but I think even after 6 months you'll be looking to raise the bar

Yeah, I am super setting them. I'd be happy to do 100 nonstop. If nothing else, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the advice.

Chad Waterbury wrote something about this.. He had a client that did 100 a day, he got bigger from it, but got injuries.. That's how he came up with the PLP accessory program

This is in the Book Convict Conditioning, about how the jailhouse dudes train using just body weight.

I think it would be best if you would do a routine count a day, then a week then increase it gradually. It increases your stamina too.

Last edited by a moderator: