• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

5 Favourite Strength/Power Exercises

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
Pretty simple, your 5 favourite exercises and why!

Mine are (in no particular order)

BB Snatch
combination of speed, strength, power, flexibility and co-ordination. imo a properly executed snatch is the most eye catching lift out there. plus it has a cool name :p
[YOUTUBE]o5yifpd3RBQ[/YOUTUBE]

Glute Ham Raise
probably the most humbling exercise there is. I am sure many have attempted to do these only to get stuck at the bottom. other than that they work the posterior chain immensely. the hamstrings are involved in knee flexion along with the calves to a lesser extent, and the glutes/lower back maintain full hip extension throughout the lift
[YOUTUBE]p0oqLDZ8JcI[/YOUTUBE]

Pull Up
whilst I prefer to perform the close grip variation, nothing says strong like seeing a muscle bound person performing the wide grip variation with no top on (no homo). It is also probably the best exercise there is for relative strength, as one must be able to manipulate their own bodyweight in order to complete the movement
WideGRip-380.jpg

Goblet Squat
not so much a strength exercise par se, but the genius of the goblet squat is unmatched by any other exercise. anyone who has trained someone with poor co-ordination and/or mobility will most likely understand where i am coming from here
[YOUTUBE]PKmrXTx6jZs[/YOUTUBE]

Dynamic Effort Box Squats
westside ftw. not 100% sure why i have such an affixiation with these (it's probably cos you need lots of fancy equipment to do them lol) but they're great for teaching power in the hips/thighs without use of the stretch shortening cycle
[YOUTUBE]WvUS0YO6aLw&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Apologies to: BB Deadlifts, BB Squats, Push Presses and Clean&Jerks

squat
bench
deadlift
- enough said hahaha
GHR is good too - i like not being able to walk for a day or two :p

Military Press - For some reason has always felt better/more natural then any other lift
Deadlift - I love these (when my back is 100%), plus just imo but getting better at lifting weight off the ground is the best thing to do
Cleans - Good fun
Front Squats - Good fun, low bar back squats is also very close in like-ness
Bench Press - Pretty simple lift

Last edited:
perhaps people should also say why they like there favorite lifts :) just putting it out there hahaha