• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

4 Day Training, 3 Day Cardio Split

All throughout the lift I guess. If you're keeping max tension on the target muscle at all times you should be good

I had the understanding that, generally speaking, increased range of motion was better for muscle development.. ie. ATG squats, dead hang pullups etc.

amiwrong?

Alright I am gonna do the SS program for the next 6 months, and actually have started my first session today and I am wrecked as I type this lol. HOWEVER I have come across a major hurdle here... theres no power rack!! Now before someone says 'change gyms', I got to say besides the lack of power rack, this gym is awesome and I like it. New equipment, hardly anyone there when I train, close to home etc etc..

Anyway I got around this dillemma using by doing DB squats and it worked... for now. But I wonder what will happen when I need to go way heavier in a few months time, can I keep using DB's? I now know the smith machine is a no no, so I won't go there. How about zercher squats? Or switch to single leg to increase difficulty?

My second question is, am I right to say that compared to DL, the SLDL is more about stretching the hammies? I dont understand why you wanna keep a stiff leg for otherwise.. (I am sticking with normal DL for now, its challenging enough as it is)

All throughout the lift I guess. If you're keeping max tension on the target muscle at all times you should be good

Yea my max bench is about 60kg. Il chuck on a bench shirt and use 75% of my max and really control the weight down, tempo 305, the shirt should help with the lowering part. I hope this builds big chesticles!

Seriously if there is no squat rack or power rack at your gym get out now while you still can. There are alternatives though I would suggest bulgarian split squats (google).

Yea my max bench is about 60kg. Il chuck on a bench shirt and use 75% of my max and really control the weight down, tempo 305, the shirt should help with the lowering part. I hope this builds big chesticles!

Make sure you wear a belt and tighten your abs against it during the lift

I had the understanding that, generally speaking, increased range of motion was better for muscle development.. ie. ATG squats, dead hang pullups etc.

amiwrong?

Yes this is true, you can still do the lift through a full range of motion and keep the tension on the target body part though. You just don't full lock it out going to about 95% of the RoM

Maybe he was 45kg when he started?

I was 50kg 1.5 years ago. I have pictures if anyone wants a good laff

Funnily enough Ronnie Coleman used to put on belt + knee wraps for his leg press and a super suit for his squats, which he took above parallel and didn't lock out. Obv this isn't a good way to train though.

There is a middle ground though.
After Starting Strength - Starting Strength Wiki

No reason why you can't use the 3x5 sets to work on strength and putting up higher numbers, then do the 1x8 drop sets like I mentioned above

ok lol.
This one is at about 55kg, 3 months of training. I didn't really know how to train properly so just got fat. There was little muscle gain, if any. I think I was doing something stupid like p90x.
http://i.imgur.com/f1tuP.jpg

This one is a few months after I had proper training at college for cycling. I was about 60kg here:
http://i.imgur.com/Upu8q.jpg

These two are both 62.5kg:
http://i.imgur.com/58x0E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QGMgw.jpg

I am about 66kg now, due to take pics in 3 weeks time

Oni, yes you made progress. But do you not understand that by eating more you could have made even more process, you were on roids and you only went from 55kg to 65kg... If you say but ill get fat im going to be very mad.

Eating correctly you could go from 60kg to 70 and a bit kg at least in 6-10 months.

Time for me to eat now, you should do the same.

I was taking hormones before I was even lifting when preparing for cycling competition. Every advanced athlete takes hormones in every sport
I wasn't taking roids when I was lifting and certainly wasn't taking them to get from 50-65kg

I was taking hormones before I was even lifting when preparing for cycling competition. Every advanced athlete takes hormones in every sport
I wasn't taking roids when I was lifting and certainly wasn't taking them to get from 50-65kg

So at 18 or so years of age you were taking hormones to compete in cycling