• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 week PPP cycle?

niin0s

Hi guys:)

atm im unable to squat or deadlift due to a knee injury so my overall recovery is much better. i already bench 3x a week with pretty linear progression atm

I've been considering doing a PPP cycle in 3 weeks instead of 11, so i'd be doing:

Mon - week 1 PPP
wed - week 2 PPP
fri - week 3 PPP
etc

so ideally presuming I don't fail i'd be done with the program in just over 3 weeks

My bench isn't all that high anyway. 1rm is 80kg atm, so would do a 90kg cycle, then 100kg cycle after that (probably 6 weeks for that). So ideally if i'd have a 100kg bench in about 12 weeks, which I don't think i'd be able to get linearly

thoughts? thanks in advance:)

When I ran PPP I ran it 2x per week. IMO, 3x would be too much.

If you wanted to bench 3 times per week, you could do;
PPP
Hypertrophy
Assistance (speed, CG ect)

Or
PPP
assistance
PPP

thanks mate:) I think i'm going to run it as
PPP, assistance, PPP..

with the PPP days do you do any assistance?

also by assistance day, you mean back/delt sort of stuff right? and no direct pressing?

atm with my 3x/week benching I row every single day and on mon/fri do another form of pressing + curls/rear delts and all that good stuff lol, and im recovering pretty ok from that

I figured If i cut all that out i'd be able to run PPP 3x week, or do you think from your experiences with PPP it'd still bee too much?

thanks Sticky

For me Id do something like

PPP wk1
Chins
Flys
band pull aparts
Dips

Assistance
CG bench
Heavy french press/tricep movement

PPP wk2
Pendaly row
tricep press down
rev. flys
Curls

cheers sticky. I'm going to give that a go in a few weeks once my linear gains start to dry up :)

thanks for the help

NP mate.
If you havent already got a log up, make sure you do one. That way we can check in and see how you're travelling.

By the final weeks you'd be going for 100% or 1rm or above 3x in a week. Can't see that being a great idea (doable at all?).

Sticky's 2x a week seems more doable to me.