• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2x bodyweight squat!!

Is that squat ok? When I add weight to the bar I lean forward about as much as him. I always thought because of that i couldnt add weight to the lift. Am I wrong should I be lifting heavier with that lean forward is it ok! NEED TO KNOW!

Is that squat ok? When I add weight to the bar I lean forward about as much as him. I always thought because of that i couldnt add weight to the lift. Am I wrong should I be lifting heavier with that lean forward is it ok! NEED TO KNOW!

Hi mate,
The leaning forward is fine, us powerlifters call it "sitting back". As long as you don't feel yourself about to fall forward, and the weight is centered over your heels, you should be fine.

I wasn't too sure about the wobbly right knee of the kid though. i appreciated the spirit, but that looks to be a sure fire way to an injury there.