• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

24 hour gyms. Any that are worth it?

Originalsin

Hi all,

So, I'm a shift worker, and I have been looking for a new gym to join. Many moons ago I used to train at one on the Gold Coast that (I think) was open 24 hours, and had staff there at all times. Their equipment was great! By comparison, the ones I've looked at lately that are 24 hours here in Brisbane seem to have equipment unsuitable to serious training (e.g. no squat racks, no barbells over about 40kg, no free weigth bench press, etc). Someone told me that to have free weights they need to have staff there while the gym is open for legal reasons, which is expensive and therefore uneconomical.

So. Anyone know of any gyms with equipment worth training on that are open 24 hours in the Brisbane area? Presumably with staff there at all times? Failing that, are there any that open at 4am?

Thanks!

Hi all,

So, I'm a shift worker, and I have been looking for a new gym to join. Many moons ago I used to train at one on the Gold Coast that (I think) was open 24 hours, and had staff there at all times. Their equipment was great! By comparison, the ones I've looked at lately that are 24 hours here in Brisbane seem to have equipment unsuitable to serious training (e.g. no squat racks, no barbells over about 40kg, no free weigth bench press, etc). Someone told me that to have free weights they need to have staff there while the gym is open for legal reasons, which is expensive and therefore uneconomical.

So. Anyone know of any gyms with equipment worth training on that are open 24 hours in the Brisbane area? Presumably with staff there at all times? Failing that, are there any that open at 4am?

Thanks!

I got to Lifestyle springwood open 24 hours plenty of free weights and 60kg dumb bells staffed during normal business hours and nothing locked away

If Anytime Fitness in Bris CBD is any indication, Anytime Fitness might be worth checking out. A friend has used Snap Morningside and seemed to stick with it for some time. Jetts - there seems to be issues with 'setting a bad example' by doing weighted dips etc.

Otherwise, if you can get to the gym Brad mentioned - go for it, I did a 7 week trial there and loved it. Good vibe, good equipment, good price (they send me offers) etc

SNAP at Holland Park are great. Power rack, Bench and Incline bench,etc. I am a shift worker as well and go all times of the day and night. Staff are top notch and don't give a fuck when I spill my chalk everywhere. They have one in the City, I would imagine they would pretty much have the same equipment.

Used to go to JETTS for a while however they didn't have the racks or the bars.

SNAP at Holland Park are great. Power rack, Bench and Incline bench,etc. I am a shift worker as well and go all times of the day and night. Staff are top notch and don't give a fuck when I spill my chalk everywhere. They have one in the City, I would imagine they would pretty much have the same equipment.

Used to go to JETTS for a while however they didn't have the racks or the bars.

I used to go there, Its decent, they change the place around every second day though!!

Yep keeps you on yours toes looking for the squat rack. so where are you training now?

Went to go at carindale, I train at 5 am, and could never seem to get the squat rack at snap at 5am, plus the staff that work there are serial pests for training clients and themselves in squat rack for everything but squats!!

I don't see the benefit of going to GO versus Fitness First at Carindale, as most of the people you don't want to train with immediately switched to GO.

I don't see the benefit of going to GO versus Fitness First at Carindale, as most of the people you don't want to train with immediately switched to GO.

GO opens at 5

the place is riddled with fuck wits!!! (its ok at 5am though, its empty) and I hate the night club lights, had I known I would not have joined..

when it expires ill set up my own gym in a bungalo in the back yard

My genesis 24/7 has bumper plates, racks, kbells and a million machines.

Plus all the squat racks and serious gear is off in a side alcove.away from all the chaff.

Anytime appear to be the best of the 24 hour chains, Snap seems to depend on what location, although from what most of you guys have said and from what I have seen on the Gold Coast have a pretty descent set up at most of their gyms, except where I go on the Sunshine Coast. Cannot believe Jetts have such a poor setup, Smith Machine and fixed dumbells to 40kg is the best they seem to have, I really don't think some of these setups seem to listen to the members. Another sign of a descent gym is the kind of rowing machines, concept 2 rowers are in all good gyms. I am trying to hit my gym up about getting concept 2 rowers, however it is a gym where the owners are never there and don't really seem too interested in updating anything, despite having a growing membership.

If Anytime Fitness in Bris CBD is any indication, Anytime Fitness might be worth checking out. A friend has used Snap Morningside and seemed to stick with it for some time. Jetts - there seems to be issues with 'setting a bad example' by doing weighted dips etc.

Otherwise, if you can get to the gym Brad mentioned - go for it, I did a 7 week trial there and loved it. Good vibe, good equipment, good price (they send me offers) etc

Im that guy setting a bad example :))

My gym closed down and i hesitantly joined snap at Cleveland. Heaps of good gear. Gets busy tho.... Heaps of them around which is convenient. Liking it so far. Weighted dips till ya arms fall off lol