• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

21's , who does them ?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Ok ,so who does bicep 21's ?

not sure what 21's are ?

HOW IT IS DONE:

1. Take an EZ or simple curl bar.
2. Put a 50% of the weight you usually do for your last set for biceps curl exercise.
3. Begin by raising the the bar only half of the way, it must stop when the bar is near your lower part of the chest, do this for 7 reps.
4. Now do next part of the movement, from the lower chest up to the chin, again for 7 reps.
5. Now do full biceps curl movement again for 7 reps.
Those last 7 reps will be the hardest but do each rep in a correct form.
Exercise must be done in 3 sets.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTPso5wTS8E[/ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=

Yeah these are good.

The two partial movements really fatigue in areas where the resistance is low, so by the time you get the full ROM you have worked the muscle quite effectively.

I prefer to nestle the elbows into my torso, there im able to achieve full stretch, whereas in the video it's limited.

Yes they are an occasional part of my routine, compared to lifting heavy weights these have you crying like a baby by the end of it.

Not a chance.

Yes young Barry, you do make a point.

At my age I find all exercises have been quite useful as I'm sure my brother darkoid would attest.

When I was a lot young, dumb and full of dum, I would make fun of the pumpers and preeners in the gym, but I do now find these exercises very beneficial.

Yes young Barry, you do make a point.

At my age I find all exercises have been quite useful as I'm sure my brother darkoid would attest.

When I was a lot young, dumb and full of dum, I would make fun of the pumpers and preeners in the gym, but I do now find these exercises very beneficial.

I am not saying whether they are beneficial or not. I wouldn't know, i haven't done them. I just don't find exercises like that enjoyable at all and feel i have better ways of spending my gym time.

I am not saying whether they are beneficial or not. I wouldn't know, i haven't done them. I just don't find exercises like that enjoyable at all and feel i have better ways of spending my gym time.

Fuck me goose, well, if you don't enjoy it then it's not beneficial to you even if you havnt tried it.

I'm hinting that when you get a bit older and more cranky if that's possible then there could be a skerrick of a chance you might.

But you might not, who gives a shit anyhoo.

Each to their own, but what I'm saying is that it certainly is beneficial both for muscle growth, a change of pace and gives your joints a rest from heavy lifting.
Just like 20 rep squats, what I find for me is that this type of routine will make my limbs numb and like jelly and is more taxing and painful than lifting a heavy weight for low reps.
It has it's place just like any other routine.

Used to do 21's when i wanted to be hooooge. You'll try anything to get those 18 inch guns. 21's were okay to stimulate growth but i gotta say guys who want impressive arms gotta stop all the intense bi training and focus more on tris. Dudes with really thick arms always have epic tris

Last edited:
Used to do 21's when i wanted to be hooooge. You'll try anything to get those 18 inch guns. 21's were okay to stimulate growth but i gotta say guys who want impressive arms gotta stop all the intense bi training and focus more on tris. Dudes with really thick arms always have epic tris
I agree, well developed triceps makes for impressive arms

Have tried before and got a nice pump but you can achieve the same through drops sets, also agree strongly with big triceps make for big arms......

haven't done them in months, thanks for reminding me. 21's tomorrow.

Don't forget you can do 21's on most exercises.

I just assumed everyone knew that tris make up more of the arm. But definatly need big tris to get big arms. I say for me hanging close grip chins and weighted dips are the secret to success for arms

Have tried before and got a nice pump but you can achieve the same through drops sets, also agree strongly with big triceps make for big arms......

I forgot drop sets always preffered drop sets to 21's when i was training for size. Although they all have their place. Always found its hard to break plateaus in training for size, the whole theory about shocking your body into growth holds merit. I think its more then just bro science.

I've never doen them, but I've seen a bloke doing it once. Just never knew they were called 21's, might give them a try one of these days.

Just started doing them this week, since someone (sorry whoever it was :( ) pointed them out to me in my Ez curl Vs Super Ez curl bar thread. They definitely leave you pumped/sore.

Will be doing skull crushers for tri's as soon as I figure out what type of bar I want....

Just started doing them this week, since someone (sorry whoever it was :( ) pointed them out to me in my Ez curl Vs Super Ez curl bar thread. They definitely leave you pumped/sore.

Will be doing skull crushers for tri's as soon as I figure out what type of bar I want....

Skull crushers are awesome. Get into pullovers too really make your upper back blow up when done heavy, watch the sholders though they can cause drama if your prone to problems

the whole theory about shocking your body into growth holds merit. I think its more then just bro science.

Exactly right, I have a mate who is a top level bber with nabba, competed and placed at the worlds etc etc, and he always says you need to do this from time to time, he will something like bench press but only use say 60kg but will do sets of 30 or 40 repsthen drop the weight down and do some more sets of 40 reps and by the end of his workout is struggling to press just the bar which is quite funny to seeconsidering his size, hahaha