• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 comp?

Put the selection of judges to a poll, I suggest mods+ the following-

Dark
Baz
Goose
Cat spew
Anyother long termer not entering

Also allow sponsors to cast a vote.

Groar you are about as impartial as a lynch mob.

i'd be impartial as i think everyone sucks

I'd rather have a small trusted group of judges than any sort of public vote. My reasons against putting it down to a public vote have already been stated by other members. If there were a public vote, I'd rather there be both public and panel scoring, divide the prizes in half and have a winner in both categories.

Worry about the judges when it gets closer to the finish time. Start the comp and go from there.

I doubt anyone would recruit people to join & vote for them, you're being a bit dramatic? Its an online bit of fun??? Meant to motivate people & spurr them on to do their best?? Pretty sure most of this years contenders have had little to no change & some have even gone backwards?

There's not $250,000 at stake here? Its all in fun, meant to motivate, inspire & push people. As well as seeking contenders commitment & expecting consistency? A competition is not a competition, when everyone has fallen off the wagon.

We need to encite a bit of excitement around this? Give forum members who aren't competing a buy-in & a reason to give a shit? To spurr others on? A vote is a powerful thing.

Let ausbb decide. Thats all I'm saying. And if someone gets 300 votes, all from newbies...well it aint that hard to work out? lol

Anyway, whatever. I just feel like it should be a members vote. A democracy. A decision made by the members who post here or read here or lurk here. Thats all.

We're all human... someone will abuse the power

If not me, then someone else would. And then if someone else - why not me???

I'd rather have a small trusted group of judges than any sort of public vote. My reasons against putting it down to a public vote have already been stated by other members. If there were a public vote, I'd rather there be both public and panel scoring, divide the prizes in half and have a winner in both categories.

I agree with this. I'm considering entering and probably won't if it comes down to a public vote. I've seen it before and I've yet to see one that hasn't come down to popularity and is entirely based on merit.

Saying that I wouldn't say no to an additional people's choice award or something along those lines.

Damn. Means I have to post photos of myself. In knickers. Crap.

I'll put myself in the ring too I'll jar specific competing goals and I'll post more diets an programs up plus plenty of pics :)

Worry about the judges when it gets closer to the finish time. Start the comp and go from there.

^^^^ this we have 12 months to sort out the judges, so why argue about it now.

But a selected panel as well as forum sponsors would not be a bad starting point. As mentioned before every forum sponsor and judge should get three votes worth 3, 2 and 1 point that they give out.

How about a 12 week comp? this way interest won't diminish over the year and people disappear or even forget esp the non-regulars.

I reckon one year is too long, a shorter time like 3 to 6 months would also keep people interested and motivate them to work harder