• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 Weightlifting Calendar

PowerBuilder

March 26 – 27 - Australian Clubs Championships - Chandler, QLD
May 8 – 14 - Youth World Championships - Lima, PER
May 11 – 13 - Arafura Games & Oceania Championships - Darwin, AUS
May 28 - Qld Masters Championships - Cairns
June (TBA) - Junior World Championships - Penang, MAS
July 30 - Australian Senior Championships - Sydney, NSW
August 12 – 22 - World University Championships -Shenzhen, CHN
September 23 - Australian Under 15 Tournament - Melbourne, VIC
September 24 - 25 - Australian Youth & Junior Championships - Melbourne, VIC
October 10 – 15 - Commonwealth Senior & Junior & Youth Championships - Cape Town, RSA
October 15 – 16 - Australian Masters Championships - Adelaide, SA
October TBC - IWF World Masters Championships - Cyprus
November 10 – 17 - World Senior Championships - Paris, FRA

A more in depth view of what's happening in 2011 in the weightlifting community in terms of competitions can be found Here

I'll be crusing up to Chandler for the clubs competition. It's my birthday weekend (my birthdays on the 26th of March). What a great way to spend my birthday. There's also the possibility of jetting over to South Aust for the masters comp.

awflogo.gif

Last edited:
I spoke with a few masters at training today, about how they should go in the nationals, since you don't need to qualify. Tassie won't be having a state masters comp, since there's not enough older competitors. Right now I think across the board there's about 5!!

Yeah, the Australian day event.

I've been talking to a few lifters about doing a make shift sort of event. There's some interest. Not a lot though to get the ball really rolling.

Are you going to enter & have a go?! Are you familiar with the pheonix weightlifting club if you want. it's a top notch club.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Australian day event.

I've been talking to a few lifters about doing a make shift sort of event. There's some interest. Not a lot though to get the ball really rolling.

Are you going to enter & have a go?! Are you familiar with the pheonix weightlifting club if you want. it's a top notch club.

I probably won't be entering till I get the technique down, I've only had two sessions. The best I'd be able to post is like a 50kg snatch and 70kg C&J, so yeah.

I might drop down to get an idea of how a weightlifting comp is run and such. Yeah, I'm familiar with pheonix that's where I train.
Ivan mentioned that pheonix had a few lifters going, but I think most of the top lifters are on holidays.

He is, I showed up for training on Friday and because everyone else cancelled he had forgotten I was coming. When I rang he could have said I'm not coming go home, but he took the time to come anyway.

Not many coaches these days are like that, I only know of one or two. But these are the coaches you really want