• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 body transformation contest?

best 5 go in an all in egg-and-spoon race for the title, if there is a draw, then the race is re-run, if again there is a draw, then we switch to a game of pin the tail on the donkey...

sounds fair..

hmm, true... pretty ridiculous considering there isn't any prizes or anything. (that said it'b awesome if some could be arranged :D)

well what do you propose?
A panel of 3 judges, majority rules. Judges decision is final

ok, just did a couple of 'what ifs' calculations.

im 98kgs atm, my goal is to be 95kg at 10%. i estimate my bodyfat to be ~20% at the moment, hopefully this is an upper limit. so therefore i have ~78.4kg LBM at the moment with a goal of 85.5kgs LBM.

if i can get up to about 107kgs at 20% by October, that'll give me about 15-20 weeks to shed 12kgs fat (to achieve this goal by Jan next year).

im not sure if this is feasible, or asking for too much, but it will probably be what i am aiming for in this challenge. about 1kg a month should be doable i think, just got to keep the fat in check. it'll be the leaning up part that'll be interesting....

i'll get up some photos when i get a chance to take some, probably on sunday, just because i like taking photos before the start of a new, fresh week :)

To gain 7kg of muscle with no increase in body fat %, or to lose 10kg of fat with no muscle loss would be impressive, but to do both in that time period would be incredible.

If you can gain 7kg of pure muscle while losing 10kg of fat in 12 months, that would be an absolutely amazing result !!!

Good luck.

To gain 7kg of muscle with no increase in body fat %, or to lose 10kg of fat with no muscle loss would be impressive, but to do both in that time period would be incredible.

If you can gain 7kg of pure muscle while losing 10kg of fat in 12 months, that would be an absolutely amazing result !!!

Good luck.

It's called Gear.

Good luck.

Not only incredible, but also impossible. With gains in muscle mass fat will be added as well.

Good luck.

It's called Gear.

Not only incredible, but also impossible. With gains in muscle mass fat will be added as well.

Maybe just slightly possible, if on gear and has super strong geneticals...

thanks for the vote of confidence guys LOL

firstly, not on gear, secondly, no super strong genetics.

BUT... if my workouts are anything like tonight and my diet is anything like todays, i'd say im in with a chance. get to 105kgs by October? easy, assuming no injuries. with a similar body fat to what i have now? definitely. to achieve my goal, all i need is a bit more than that, maybe close to 110kg. losing the fat without any (or minimal) muscle lost is going to be the hard part.

seriously, kick arse workout tonight. i did 5 reps of a weight i was supposed to do for 1 rep and then i military pressed 5kgs heavier than i was supposed to and for 10 reps instead of 5. i got to the 5 reps and thought fuck it, i'll keep going

No official start date.

It will at the end of the year sometime. Anyone can join during the year, but people who have taken pictures now will have obviously a better advantage of people starting in 6 months.

Should there be 2 categories?
One for weight loss, the other for gain?

Mr Moth,
You need to set some rules.
All entries should be in by end of January I reckon.
Then we can start a thread with photos only.
After the desired time - 12 weeks or however long you want it to run, there should be 1 week in which to submit after photos.

Then let the judging begin.

Last edited:
I'm overcoming a shoulder impingement, upper body will be hard for me at the start.

Here are my pics just taken before:
img0425xp.jpg

img0423v.jpg

img0433qy.jpg

img0398w.jpg

img0437q.jpg

legs look like shit when not flexed lol
img0397zf.jpg

Last edited:
We also need to set standards for photos.

Photos should be relaxed and show front (inc' legs)
Side and rear.

C'mon Mr Moth it's your comp...LOL

Doesn't have to be my comp..:p just suggested it :)

Fair enough though. I'll make a new thread with the rules (dates for photos will be subject to change) but rules on photos clear.

How does this sound:

Photos must include:
front relaxed
back relaxed
side relaxed
legs relaxed
anything else is optional
Competition will end at the end of the year and will be judged by the moderators of the forum.

I don't know if there should be categories or not, what is everyones opinion on this?

Last edited: