• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Haha, so many mixed opinions on high milk consumption!

No there isnt? High milk consumption is a tool to add to a high calorie diet when strength gains are highest priority. Some people dont need to use the tool cuz they can reach high cals without it.

And for some strength isnt their #1 priority and thats fine.

What other opinions could there possibly be?

No there isnt? High milk consumption is a tool to add to a high calorie diet when strength gains are highest priority. Some people dont need to use the tool cuz they can reach high cals without it.

Exactly. Just an easy way to get calories in if needed.

Well I remember reading somewhere that excessively high milk consumption cancer increase certain types of cancer?

But hey I'm all for milk I drink 2-4L a day!

Well I remember reading somewhere that excessively high milk consumption cancer increase certain types of cancer?

But hey I'm all for milk I drink 2-4L a day!

Excessive high consumption of probably anything will increase chances of cancer.

didnt read all the replies but i tried 20 rep squats a year ago. i remember reading you should start it at 70% and then add weight each week

i had a 1RM of just over 140kg maybe, or 150
did it once a week. added 2.5kg each week

started at 105kg i think
after roughly 5-6 weeks i think i got to 117.5 for 20
week after that couldnt make 20 with 120kg

first 8 aint too bad. 9-10 getting hard. 12th you start struggling. after that its basically about getting in air. after 16 reps you're lucky to get 1 rep every 20-30seconds

didnt read all the replies but i tried 20 rep squats a year ago. i remember reading you should start it at 70% and then add weight each week

i had a 1RM of just over 140kg maybe, or 150
did it once a week. added 2.5kg each week

started at 105kg i think
after roughly 5-6 weeks i think i got to 117.5 for 20
week after that couldnt make 20 with 120kg

first 8 aint too bad. 9-10 getting hard. 12th you start struggling. after that its basically about getting in air. after 16 reps you're lucky to get 1 rep every 20-30seconds

You had an estimated 50-60kg squat gain in 5-6 weeks.... Seems a little off :|

If your do 20 reps at 70% then I think your 1rm is off IMO.

20 reps sounds like pure conditioning, I don't think it would increase strength but would be great prep for say cycling.

in the same way guys can do 50 push ups or pull ups, they will do more and more reps with time but they are not increasing their strength beyond the weight of a single push/pull up.

There's a reason why so many bb'ers stay in the 8-12 rep range for hypertrophy and pl'ers do 5 or less most of the time.

Excluding eastern euro or German volume programs but those programs rely on guys not doing any day job and a lot of kicking guys out of the program if they can't keep up. Different to hobby/sport lifters that do it for fun and have day jobs.

If we could just train then eat and go to sleep, rinse repeat we would all be further along with volume training.

Last edited: