• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

19 year old Ben JUST about to start.

B

Bigbennyboy

Well G'day guys, Ben here. Well to start of I won't lie about anything I say because I want to be heading the right direction from square 1.

I'm 19 years old, Weigh about 118Kg which is a lot of fat. I've been wanting to get into shape but have been looking into body building for about 1 day now after talking to me mate who was thinking of taking it up.

I was wondering if theres many people out there that could point me in the right direction for what I want to achieve (80-105kg mostly muscle). I want to get into shape, Get fit and get healthy and get advice on what some good meals are to eat for each week. I currently work as a glazier lifting a lot of glass and yeah.. sweating my ass of which drops of a few KG's :)

Also where are some good places in melbourne (Closest to Doncaster) that specialize in body building.

Well thanks for the advice in advance and I'll be wondering these forums a lot looking for good ways to get me going :)

Mate you can come up with the meals you like yourself, just be sensible.
Eat mainly fruit and vegetables, make protein (chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, red meat - make sure all are lean/fat free/skinless) your second largest consumption, then carbs.
Since you are looking to lose weight I would recommend not eating HEAPS. Stick to 3 main meals and a small healthy (fuit or veg) snack or 2 a day.

for exercise maybe start with weights 3-4 times a week, keep rests between sets short approx. 30 secs.
Now if you focus and work hard you will be able to increase the weight you lift and build strength etc.

Now to help with losing the fat quicker, some cardio will help, running would be great.
But if it's too boring for you, then try mixing up some skipping, bike riding, running, walking, swimming.

The possibilities are endless.

main points to remember when working out how to achieve your goals
burn more calories than you eat = losing weight
eating more caloris than you burn(healthy diet w/ regular meals)+ intense weights + good recovery =
building muscle.

check with some other guys advice on here, someone like user shrek or cruxis and ofcourse admin all seem to know their stuff really well.
they might be able to give you something more detailed or specific not to mention correct anything I've gotten wrong.