• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10x10 how long till u adapted?

TrentZor

Im just starting 10x10 squats (thanks markos) and damn it took me 80 min to get through 60kg squats I've never gone so high before.

I know this is how long is a peice of string thread but how long did it take for your body to aclimatise? A week 2 weeks?
Posted via Mobile Device

It will take a while mate.

Just keep your protein up and try and keep the rest breaks 2-3 mins.

You will adapt.......eventually!

Good question amac.. Imnot sure when i will switch back to another program? Any suggestions here would be welcome

My 1rpm as tested by Markos on saturday was 130 atg. So not sure how long I should do this till?? Should I stop when I can do 100kg 10x10?? And return to another program??

I can't rely on reading my instincts as this kind of rep range is new to myself (used to 5x5 or 3x8)
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
The GVT template i have seen works like this.

Take a weight you can do for 20 then use that to start 10x10 with than when you can complete all sets and reps add weight.

just keep going until it kills you. 100x10x10 would be very cool. i would probably to it for 6-8 weeks, then reasses. it will be hard.

i saw a pretty cool program a while ago. start with 6x6 do that for two weeks. then for the next two weeks with the same weight do 7x7, then two weeks 8x8, etc until 10x10.
that could be a good way to easy into the volume. but picking a starting weight could be tricky. 9 weeks til 10x10 so i suppose 80-90kg would be an alright starting weight. you could always change the weight but it would be cool to look back and say 9 weeks ago i struggled doing 6x6 and i just did 64 more reps at 10x10

my friend did a similar one. 4x4 to 7x7. just go it done.

Last edited:
I'll give this a go when I'm feeling better. Are you doing anything similar with your other compounds?
Posted via Mobile Device

nah just squats for 10x10 Gaucheharbor.

5x5 (working set weights) for deadlifts and PPP for bench
- bit of a mixed bag (talk about variety hehe)

The 10x10 was to improve my squats from the hips from what markos is saying and hence bring up my deads as well in the proccess

im kinda not looking forward till the next workout my stomachs still feeling a bit quesy.. havent worked this hard in ages.!!

Good luck man. I'm going to do this 10x10 for my legs it's a good idea. Don't piss around... Just go to the gym... Squat and leave
Posted via Mobile Device

hey mate check this reading out from charles poliquin. he is suppose to be the guy who made volume training famous.

I have completed this program a few times, i usually do it for 4 to 5 weeks. I believe the tempo he outlines is important to follow for maximum muscle fibre recruitment. I have had good results with this program with good gains in lean muscle. good luck using stairs after your first leg sesh.

cheers
mick

sorry, it wont let me post url's yet. too new to this thing.
google charles poliquin volume training. you should find it otherwise ill pm it

There was a bloke on here (Tomb?) that was doing 10x10 squats with 100kg, at around 70kg BW!

I did some GVT a while ago but was having 1 min rests only. That is a dead set killer.

I got out of bed today and collapsed on the floor legs hurt from doms
Posted via Mobile Device

i know the feeling. that feeling that your glutes & hamstrings feel tight as fcuk & you want to lay on the couch all afternoon watching dvd's..........:)

I'd say probably the same as 20 rep squat, which means around 6-8 weeks. I lasted about 6 weeks on 20 rep squat (2 times a week) - done that twice this year - before my body told me to stop.