• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1000kg raw

I'm sorry Oliver but...

1087039-riveting_tale_chap_super1.jpg

Bah! powerlifting squats. One day I was at a fitness first powerlifting challenge (we replaced the bench for the swiss ball crunch because benching is bad for the knees) when these olympic lifters came in.

We let them have a go - they took off their clothes and squatted as much weight as we could put on the bar ass to grass (their butts literally touched the floor and then they came back up) before proceeding to the parking lot to clean large trucks onto their backs and proceeded to squat with those for reps (not to mention the swiss ball sit up records they produced that day), though none of the lifts counted because they'd both drank cans of Mother before they came in (ie not 'raw').

you win-Off to the peanut gallery you go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I usually compare with an olympic squat so relative wise its not as deep. And comparing him to some other powerlifters (no side view so though so it can not be very accurate) he goes deep, Kutroff from the first video does not look to go as deep as this kid does.
oh ok- I can see where this is going. I'll just agree and leave this alone.

All I am saying is this kid goes beyond what is needed to do his lift, he is damn strong and could probably not go as deep and put a few more kg's on his squat. I am not having a go at powerlifters so do not worry.

Bah! powerlifting squats. One day I was at a fitness first powerlifting challenge (we replaced the bench for the swiss ball crunch because benching is bad for the knees) when these olympic lifters came in.

We let them have a go - they took off their clothes and squatted as much weight as we could put on the bar ass to grass (their butts literally touched the floor and then they came back up) before proceeding to the parking lot to clean large trucks onto their backs and squat with those for reps (not to mention the swiss ball crunch records they set that day), though none of the lifts counted because they'd both drank cans of Mother before they came in (ie not 'raw').

There is a lady at my gym that does Swiss Ball crunches wearing a belt.

True story.

Tuomas Korkia-Aho, the guy who benched 330, has benched 280 raw and he is still a junior. Total animal.

Whilst anything over 300 is amazing why are all powerlifters so far behind bolton and konstantin with the deadlift?

Also lolling at bb.com when they said 220kg was an achievable bench for anyone...

Double post.

Last edited:
Konstantin is more or less a puller. He is okay at other lifts, but I think the dead is his money lift that he always practices. Don't think his squat is way up there compared to some others.

I also think the dead is not a super tech gear lift either, so some guys just do it or work it, but with less focus than their BP or squat.

It may be too that some hold back slightly with full max out training of this lift since, if they phuck their low back up, the career is on hold.

I don't really know.

Bolton? He's just a big bastard.
That blokes got shrek hands I tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

at c a p o nats expect squats up to 400 kg, bench up to 330 ,d/lifts up passed 350 suited of course .thats on a good day .be there to see some great lifting .big or small all well worth seeing and all free to spectators

Matt Van Beuningen lifted raw at the WA CAPO titles

SQ 320kg
BP 230kg
DL 300kg
T 850kg

He only took 7 attempts, he passed on his last squat and dead.

That is some super impressive lifting as he used no knee wraps of course.

Matt Van Beuningen lifted raw at the WA CAPO titles

That was heaps epic to watch, im very lucky i got to see a super strong guy at work.

He's also competing at the WA strongman comp next week, i'll be down there to cheer one of my mates on, it'll be a great day.

Even on saturday this week, at the local crossfit gym, they're doing a competition for members for the olympic lifts, ill be down there to watch and support my other friend too.

and no Markos, don't suggest to me that i enter them... lol.

Crossfit - keeping women hot and men weak for 20 years.

Thats not my line, unfortunately I read it elsewhere.

You guys know I'm joking right, dont get all up in my face and post a trillion videos of some guy doing something freaky, but pics of hot girls accepted.

Dave Tate with Crossfit hottie