• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0.5" Heels

There not squats sorry Oli.

That vid I have posted, the PL weighs twice as much as the OL, and he is squatting twice as much.

Difference is, one has 23 spotters, wraps, belts, suits, undies, monolift and the other is squatting.

as I doubt you've ever squatted, you wont know the difference.

Take it from someone who has squatted both ways, they are different movements

You can tell the difference. Kids at home, stick your legs out wide like a sumo and squat down. Feel how low you can go. Now, put your stance about shoulder width and squat down again. The hole, and where parallel is, is in a totally different place.

I'm not saying they're equal. Whilst 400kg is amazing with a sumo stance, its out of the ball park at shoulder width.

Heres the thing though - take an IPF guy, teach him to squat for a monolift and once hes mastered the technique he'll be squatting a significantly larger weight than he could with a regular squat. Whilst it isnt the proper technique in a technical sense, if you want to find out what your maximum capacity is for handling a weight on your back its probably the best movement around.

apples and oranges.

The most I ever squatted so far was 100kg.

Whichever way I did it, I'd be happy to squat more. This stuff is over the heads of 99% of all people who ever squatted, which means 99.9% of all lifters ;)

This is all I know. Get under the bar with normal workout clothes on, put your feet around hip-width apart with feet turned slightly outwards, put the bar so it's at the level of your AC joint, press out of the rack, take two steps away from it, brace in the middle, drop down until the crease of your hip goes below your knee without rounding your lower back, then push up through your heels with your arse without your knees going in like a kid wanting to pee, and get all the way up, repeat several times, rack the weight, and...

... that is as much as I know.

Plus, with my stupid knee I have been unable to squat for six weeks so far, and I really miss it.

Put up a vid of yourself Oli. Do it. Do it.

Last edited:
naw ****. I'll speak to my brother about my 10 rep deadlift coming this wednesday, we might be able to get a dodgey mobile video for you all.

**** I hate call outs :p

I dont see a point of a vid, I know how PL "squat".

The goal is to move the most weight over the shortest possible distance.

What are you guys debating.

We use the squat as an exercise, COMPETING powerlifters use it as a competition lift, everything rides on the number, not the effect it has on the body.

Put your hands up if your competing

lol, ptc i dont even use it either. a wideass stance might be a great way of lifting the most weight possible, but its not the best way of getting stronger.