• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome fellas, and a special welcome and big hello to George Mavridis! Great to have you on board George!

hey all...

Hey all,
Just a nother noob for this top site.
Abit about myself, well been ito high level sport since about 8-10yrs old and in the gym since 14, had the last year off and now back with a new focus of body transformation/ all going well i hope to compete in september this year(prob at 80-85kg BF% 7.5-9).
Im currently 77.5kg BF% 13, thighs 54-55cm, bi/tri 33cm, calves 38cm, waist 83.5cm, chest 100cm.
I love the challenges found only in ur heart at the gym, the ones that help you push past all expectations.
Anyway shopuld have some pics up by the end of the week(in pics section) and any advice i can get for my journey as a bodybuilder will be greatly appreciated..
Cheers all..
Chad

sorry, iwas into BMX first riding at state and national events plus 2 club races a weekend, i had done swim squad since about 6-7yrs old and after a big head injury in bmx i then got into triathlons racing at states n club events until i was about 14. About a year before i stopped tri's i started road cycling to improve my cycle leg of the tri but soon found i liked cycling more so ditched the tri's and focused on road which i soon got picked for the hunter acadamy of sports were i became a national level Sprint cyclist on the velodrome, racing in the kilometer time trial, keiran and sprint races. My coach was Anthony "weapon" Pedon who had been at the top of sprinting since mid to late 80's. He raced 96, 2000 olympics and many world champs. I stopped racing at 18 as i just needed a break from the high level training and after a year off then just trained for fun health and fittness.
sorry for the length

hey guys. I've copied one of the blokes formats from above for my intro...

Name : David
- Job : Engineer (Mechanical)
- Training experience : not much, trained with some weights for 18 months 3 years ago, nothing until now
- Any Interests : work, 4wheeling, camping, spearfishing
Current Weight: 93kg's

Height: 183cm

Goals:
- recover fully from back injury in past
-get good mobility and strength back into my life, feel strong again
-lift heavy, be strong
-I'd like to post 140kg squats, 150kg deadlifts, 100kg bench (or thereabouts) in 12 months time
-Just gonna focus on core, compound lifts for a long time yet. The beginners workout in the strength/PL section seems a good place to start so might just do that, but replace barbell curls with pull-ups (personal preference)

I'm really just focussed on getting strong, for its own sake. not too fazed about physique or bodybuilding or anything like that. When I was a bit younger I had half-decent lifts, with crap form, crap nutrition, crap attitude (arrogant young welp) and all that goes along with it. So I want to start properly, this time, and avoid a recurrence of my past injury (hearinated a disc, L3/L4 lumbar I am informed!).

I've designed a fold-away squat rack with integrated spotter bars I'm building myself, and bought a cheapy olympic bar and 100kg of rubber weights. Gonna set it up in my garage and go from there! don't have anyone to lift with (mates not into it) so look forward to chatting to some people on this site to keep in touch and motivated, ha-ha.

I'm embarassed to only be throwing the empty bar around at the minute :( but hope to soon enough be requiring to go back to the shop and buy some more weight than what I've got! soon enough, anyway

I'm an engineer by profession and proficient in mechanical design and fabrication so I'm always happy to consult, help design, or knock up some fab drawings for any home built equipment anyone wants a hand with! (obviously I can't/won't for commerical equipment for liability reasons) but if anyone wants a hand let me know!

I'll be starting a training log to keep myself motivated.

cheers fellas.

Welcome all!

Dave, there is enough knowledge to have you lifting safely and reaching your goals with no signs of injury or reoccurring injury! If you feel any pain or discomfort, STOP immediately, hopefully someone more advanced can chime in when you start your log!

Welcome to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Keep in mind that it's always better to post whatever question that you might have in one of the related categories

Hi all, been lurking for a while now so figured I'd introduce myself...

Name : Steve
- Job : PhD Student
- Training experience : Been lifting for about 4 years now I think. I stuffed about for the first couple of years on crap programs and not eating enough...
- Any Interests : Guitar, sport, fishing
Current Weight: ~113 kg

Height: 193 cm

Goals: I'm mainly looking to get stronger. Current gym lifts are (1RM):
Bench: 102.5
Squat: 140
Dead: 200

Lifts I'd like to hit eventually:
Bench:140
Squat: 200
Dead: 260

Hello all buddies here at the forum me

- Name :Walton
- Any Interests :Bodybuilding

I joined this forum due to my interest in the bodybuilding and I found many tips and discussion's in the forum about the body building....

Hi everyone, have been lurking a bit. Dead keen body builder only after about two years in the game - but really only about one year worthwhile considering my first year was all a big bludge thinking it would come easy. Silly, silly mistake and cost me a year of building.

Name: Ricky
Interests: Australian Rules Football, Basketball, sheilas & getting a pump.
Height: 5ft11 (180cm)
Weight: 72kg (>15% body fat)
Goals: Get to 80-85kg with <5% body fat.

Along with those specific weight goals I have a few more to do with lifts, I'd really like to get to the ton for bench - so will make that happen sooner or later.

For my age - and I don't mean to sound narcissistic - I earn a fairly decent pay cheque, something my mates my age haven't been able to match. Therefore, this translates into me just spending loads of cash on supplements. It's not as bad as it sounds really, I don't take much more than a pre-workout stim and a few different types of proteins, but if I like the look of something and I can justify the need for it - consider it bought. :p

Anyway, I hope to get to know my way around the forum, contribute where possible and pick up some things along the way.

Name: Daniel
Training Experience: 3 years, 1.5 'serious' years (until now-ish). self taught and physio course helps me understand.
Interests: Weightlifting (obviously!), Gaming, Cars, Guitar....

Joined Ausbb coz my friend told me to. But i can see the benefits of asking other ppl that workout, so looking forward to this!

Goals: Get ripped and shredded! And big, but proportionate. Frick strong, but also good all round - like crossfit. Basically too many, most of which i can only dream of haha. But with hardwork who knows...

Stats:
69kg @ ~15%BF
~176cm

Squat: Unknown
Deadlift: 100kg x 8
Bench: 65kg x 7
Clean: 60kg x 3
OHP: 47.5kg x 3

Introduce Myself

- Guy
- 49 (50 in August)
- Male
- Riverwood, Sydney
- I played a lot of sport, including rugby league (park footy) up until my mid 20's. I needed something to fill the gap when I stopped playing, so a work mate suggested I workout with him. We started at Bob Landers Gym in Sth Hurstville - my work buddy eventually stopped but I was hooked. A mutual friend introduced me to a guy (Glen) who was a competitive BB. I began training with him and his mate - he really taught me heaps. After Landers went bust, I looked around for a gym, then joined Leisuredome at Beverly Hills. It was good there & I was training around 4 times per week but when my duaghter was born 12 weeks premature, I stopped training to spend more time with family. I re-joined Leisuredome in December 2010 (daughter now 14!).
- Love golf

I joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding when I was researching my injury woes. My goals are to drop some fat, get fit and look great! I'm currently 103KG, 1.77M tall - not looking to get huge, but a little bigger, better shaped.

welcome.gif

No idea

:)Hi i'm dazbourke just started training again and cannot get enough of it, i weighed 90kg 12 months ago and now i'm 4 kgs off being back to my teenage weight of 75. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what protein i should use as there are so many on the market its mind boggling. Thanks

Hi Daz,
welcome to the forum.

Search the Supplement section. there are lots of protein powder suggestions there or you can pose questions there.
Cheers

Hi Daz, don't stress too much about protein. Any WPC/WPI mix will do. People will try to tell you one works better than the other, but in reality, it's which one has the best marketing to pollute your sub concious than reigns supreme.

Check out iherb.com, or eBay. You can usually get a full tub delivered for $60. Adge buys in bulk, if you're not after a tub you can buy large bags and save that way.

I'd recommend a tub firs to see if you like the stuff (taste wise)

Name - James.
Age - 35.
Gender - Male, but I have some gyno.
Location - Gold Coast.
Training experience - I trained as a teen, now back into it for last 8 months.
Any Interests - Losing weight. I was 165 kilograms in August 2010, I am now 102 kilograms.
Goals - To get to 85 kilograms from 165.

Hi Guys! :)

Name - Amanda
Age - 28
Gender - Female
Location - Sydney
Training experience - Been trianing intensively with a trainer for the past 14 months and have lost 17kg.
Any Interests - Love hip hop, training, eating clean, movies and trashy tv!
Goals - To get my BF down to about 18% (currently 25%), get lean and work on muscle definition

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)