• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

muscle and broken bones / dissociations

Click on the person's name, and you can see their age, if they've entered it, and other information.

Actually my bullsht meter is oversensitive, it's caused me endless trouble in jobs over the years. Seriously, where the fck did you come from with this nonsense?

Women do not need to train differently to men. A person's training depends on their goals, adjusted by any physical or mental disabilities they may have. And no, being a woman is not a disability. When you're a coach or a trainer, over time you can adjust due to the person's mental state.

Most people (male or female) in commercial gyms, for example, where people are given a workout and sent off to do it by themselves, they will simply not do deadlifts - so you adjust to that and give them some other equivalent exercise or exercises. But if you're training them one-on-one or in small groups, you've much more chance of getting them to do deadlifts.

But we are not training this person. We're just giving her general advice for free. She takes it or leaves it as she wishes.

High reps low weight will not achieve her stated goal of building up muscle to lessen the chances of injury.

The PTC crew will like you, the rest will please themselves

Brendon is PTC represent lol

At least youre interesting

Carry on

I just want to say, for the record, that the few posts King Kong has put up, it is quite obvious he has a clue, and a very good one.

Never ever will you find 2 people that agree 100% on everything.

I am always quoting Charles Poliquin because I feel he is one of the best strength coaches around.

He is a big believer in time under tension, slowing the lift down.

I think this borders on being a moron.

I still love Charles, I just dont agree with everything

Ape man is the same, very switched on, differing views

He is clearly intelligent and knowledgeable.

he is goading the not so knowledgeable, which I find funny.

Two thumbs up

The PTC crew will like you, the rest will please themselves

Brendon is PTC represent lol

At least youre interesting

Carry on
It's not all about PTC, other non-PTC trainingindividuals have interesting points of view that I am interested in reading.
Silverback may be interesting to you but I have found him quite forthrite so far, but everyones different, something you seem to forget. :rolleyes:

something to stir the pot is fantastic.
what it ocmes down to is the personbs goals. whether its strength, speed, or looks. im all for using the barbell and plates i dont usually use machines at all but i will every now and then. im training for strength and health and watching the benefits of strength in day to day life. if i decide i want to become a non functional awesome looking but weak ill change to a commercial body building program and eat better.

but with the topic i think girls should train the same as the guys. maybe not the same weights but at least they should train the same movements. watching chicks do cleans and squats is awesome

something to stir the pot is fantastic.
what it ocmes down to is the personbs goals. whether its strength, speed, or looks. im all for using the barbell and plates i dont usually use machines at all but i will every now and then. im training for strength and health and watching the benefits of strength in day to day life. if i decide i want to become a non functional awesome looking but weak ill change to a commercial body building program and eat better.

but with the topic i think girls should train the same as the guys. maybe not the same weights but at least they should train the same movements. watching chicks do cleans and squats is awesome

Same Same. Seconded.

Also +1 for chicks squatting and cleaning.

can you explain that?

Expand?

some Hammer machines have an excellent strength curve, in particular the pullover, unfortunatly this equipment is too big for most as it was initially designed around gridiron players- well, big units, the older nautilus equipment is better suited to the smaller frame.

For the strength training hobbyist and neophyte I reckon this equipment is something to consider if pushed for time.

There is nothing better/more sexy than seeing a women squat with a barbell.

I remember it was a out 15 years ago, I was on a site called garage gym, the internet was new and was the only forum on the net, I've seen and been involved in many, seen a lot of stupid trolls and also inspiring posts.
Anyway I asked that question; do you count the bar? I got flamed so bad.

One thing I have learnt with forums is if you step in the ring prepare to be hit, I've mand-up since then, things I read now don't phase me much.

But with forums I think they are good places for sharing experience and opinions and opinions will always vary.

I've noticed some people are so insecure that they need everyone to agree to make them feel justified.

Others feel passionate, that's the difference, if you are passionate enough you can sell it easily.

I've been in this game for 30 years and I'm passionate about all aspects of training, I believe everything works, the key is having confidence in what you do.

Thanks for reading.

if Silverback is so knowledgeable can he answer this question:

do you count the bar?

i think girls should train the same as the guys.

Haha, if we trained the same as most guys we'd be forever doing bench presses and bicep curls :D

(yes I know I selectively edited your post, and I thoroughly agree that girls should not be afraid to squat/deadlift/clean etc)

Anyway, silverback, good to have you with us, looking forward to learning from your posts.

why edit it for?
well dont train like the dousche bags at most gyms, dont be a bicep warrior but you know what i mean, squat, clean, press, dl the basic movements should be done.

completely agree with you :D I just wanted to point out that most guys probably don't even train properly by doing all those compound exercises.

Back on topic - gtrb26dett - if you love your job then keep at it, but I don't think there's much you can do to prevent broken bones except managing the risk appropriately by breaking in the horse in certain ways or places? Not that I know anything about breaking in horses...

Expand?

some Hammer machines have an excellent strength curve, in particular the pullover, unfortunatly this equipment is too big for most as it was initially designed around gridiron players- well, big units, the older nautilus equipment is better suited to the smaller frame.

For the strength training hobbyist and neophyte I reckon this equipment is something to consider if pushed for time.

There is nothing better/more sexy than seeing a women squat with a barbell.

whats a strength curve?

completely agree with you :D I just wanted to point out that most guys probably don't even train properly by doing all those compound exercises.

Back on topic - gtrb26dett - if you love your job then keep at it, but I don't think there's much you can do to prevent broken bones except managing the risk appropriately by breaking in the horse in certain ways or places? Not that I know anything about breaking in horses...

Yes, you really need to be aware that most injuries are as a result of impact.

The resistance is the same through the full range of movement.

whats the benefit of that? does it outweigh the drawback that you are training a muscle group while putting less emphasis on supporting muscles than would otherwise be the case if you were using that muscle group in the real world?

whats the benefit of that? does it outweigh the drawback that you are training a muscle group while putting less emphasis on supporting muscles than would otherwise be the case if you were using that muscle group in the real world?

right, let's look at the bb curl most resistance is where gravity is at it greatest, a well engineered machine applies the even resistance through a full range and well engineered machine will place the upper arm above the shoulder to faciltate full contraction.

Some might not be inteested in isolating certain muscles, but as one ages and as one becomes more injury prone due to soft tissue damage and years of playing sport a well designed machine is key to continued training to maintain muscle strength which maintains flexibility.