• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Building the ultimate muscle machine: move your body through space. Program #1.

This is a common comment which I think is misleading.
Most of the gymnasts we see with well built bodies are world class competitiors.
Most regular gymnasts are quite thin and lightweight as far as I've seen.
So if you look at natural elite strength trainers or bodybuilders, they would likely be equally or better built with less time training.

As Rob has pointed out, these gymnasts do not use weights to build muscles but rely on lifting their own body weights. Now a bodybuilder can learn a lot from that. That is, if a bodybuilder adds an element of progressive overload whilst moving his body through space, he will gain a tremendous amount of muscles and strength.

The only reason the novice gymnast is not big (yet) is because he has not logged up the hours his world class counterpart has. It's all about frequency/volume here.

Fadi.

IMO Pre Ex is not a sin.
This seems to be working.

Thanks

Rob

The sin is when you know about a tool that will save your joints whilst at the same time helping you maintain intensity and you don't use it...then it becomes a sin. I'm with you 100% Rob, well done Tiger.

Fadi.

Quote Fadi
The sin is when you know about a tool that will save your joints whilst at the same time helping you maintain intensity and you don't use it...then it becomes a sin. I'm with you 100% Rob, well done Tiger.

Fadi.

Thanks Bud!!

This program will not only increase your strength and build functional muscles, but will insure that muscles built here are of the dense and permanent type. By that I’m talking about muscles getting built through the myofibrillar and not through the Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy pathway. Please check page #50 for more information if you wish.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=QWSn4iKgNo8C&dq=Kraemer,+William+J.%3B+Zatsiorsky,+Vladimir+M.+(2006).+Science+and+practice+of+strength+training+book&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=0N_VSr6GI86GkQXt0MmADg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Interesting.. I have been wondering lately about the difference in muscle size increase vs density increase..
Not that reading part of that book made any sense to me :) - I'll have to investigate a bit further into what makes muscles more dense.

This program looks like it shreds!

Fadi, would you recommend this regime for bulking (in conjunction with a bulking diet)?

This program looks like it shreds!

Fadi, would you recommend this regime for bulking (in conjunction with a bulking diet)?

Litebulb (have you told me your name? I must be getting old here :D); yes this program works both ways depending on what you feed the beast. Eat like a sparrow and you'll most certainly be known as the shredder. Eat like a Tiger and stripes won't be the only marks you'll be known by!

Have I answered your question? It's "diet" dependenet; period!

Fadi.

Interesting.. I have been wondering lately about the difference in muscle size increase vs density increase..
Not that reading part of that book made any sense to me :) - I'll have to investigate a bit further into what makes muscles more dense.

No need to understand the technicalities Raphael. I've just lost 15kg of muscles but kept 15kg also. Which one do you think I've lost and which ones do you think I've kept?

Began weightlifting at 15 weighing 60kg.
Stopped weightlifting at 18 1/2 weighing 75kg
Began bodybuilding weighing 75kg
Finished bodybuilding weighing 90kg
Stopped bodybuilding and am back to 75kg!

Keep in mind I was around 10% body fat mass when weightlifting, unlike some weightlifters at 20%+.

Fadi.

Some people can't because they are using more weight, I can do 75kg pull downs 4 to 6 reps but can't do 2 pull ups because I weigh 95kg.

when i weighed 68kg i could do 25kg lat pull down for 8-10 reps but thats not even worth talking about anymore pull ups or nothing!

Back to the gymnast BB comparison.

A gymnast will NEVER add weight to the pullup, a BB destroys the movement with added weight.

Check out pics of gymnasts, do you still feel you need to add weight?

Nice thread Fadi

So just try and increase your reps when you can on Pull Ups instead of adding weight Markos?

If Max wasnt so modest, I would put a pic of his back up. Nick saw his back on Saturday and was most impressed.

He cleans, shrugs, deadlifts, snatches, rows heavy weights, very heavy weights.

When it comes to chins, he does them dead stop, dead hang, at the end of his sessions. He pauses for up to 2 seconds between reps.

He can do over 20 in that fashion.

Its just the one exercise where I notice lifters are using the wrong muscles to initiate the pull, mainly due to the added weight.

Just an observation.

Oh, and before you guys say I dont add weight because I'm weak at them lol, I have done 20 @ 90 kg in the fashion described above, and 5 reps with 40kg strapped to me to shut up a fattie who had a long list of excuses why he couldnt chin.

They definitely feel much better without weight.

If you want to test back strength, powerclean something.

Hey fadi, great routine. I've been on it nearly 4 weeks now and seen some good (for me) results. :)
I think the 6 weeks on the loose fat routine was 6 weeks well spent.

Thanks
Mike.

Ok, I'm nearly at the end of this 12 week course, I'll have to add a week or 2 as I had a week off over Christmas.

So far I've put on 3 kilo's, an inch on my stomach (thanks to Christmas and New Year) and about 1/2 an inch on my chest.

When I did the 6 week maintain muscle lose fat routine, I lost 4 inch from the stomach and around 4 kilo.
So judging by that, 1 inch on the stomach = 1 kilo.
That means a gain of 2 kilo of muscle:D:D:D

I feel great and Shell, (my lovely wife) tells me my muscles are alot harder.

That could have been better, but my diet for around 3 weeks (over Christmas and New Year) went out the window.

Great program Fadi,

Cheers,

Mike.

My 12 week initial programe is
coming to a close in about 3-4weeks.

I shall put Fadi (& his method to the
test) after 4 weeks! :eek:

Thanks.

Hey k-21,
as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with Fadi. Just listen and do what he tells you, and bob's your uncle!

I've made great improvements since I started to follow his advice. Diet and exercise, it's all good :D

Good luck,

Mike.

Mike,

Yes Fadi is the man I suspect.

He's got so much knowledge that
I don't think that he even knows that he
'knows'...!!! :eek:

Anyway, my eating is not up to par
just yet. I'm still working on that one!

Will switch to Fadi's routing after 4 weeks
and taking body measurements to see
how far I've come in my first 12 week
program.

Thanks
Devante.