• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Because they are still weak and need to build a bertter base to start from.
5 rep sets can build strength ;)

It's worked for heaps of lifters under Rippetoe, doesn't seem to have done stronglifts.com's Mehdi much good (and you get banned if you question him), but does lots for his disciples.

The most important thing is consistent effort over time. 5 reps vs 10 reps, well who knows. One very experienced trainer says one is better, the other says the other, who do we believe? Maybe they're both right - if you do their programme and stick to it for several months, you'll get good results.

There may be some differences in the results between the programmes, but those differences are dwarfed by the differences caused by people's diets, sleep, how much effort they put into their workouts, and so on.

Because they are still weak and need to build a bertter base to start from.
5 rep sets can build strength ;)

It's worked for heaps of lifters under Rippetoe, doesn't seem to have done stronglifts.com's Mehdi much good (and you get banned if you question him), but does lots for his disciples.

The most important thing is consistent effort over time. 5 reps vs 10 reps, well who knows. One very experienced trainer says one is better, the other says the other, who do we believe? Maybe they're both right - if you do their programme and stick to it for several months, you'll get good results.

There may be some differences in the results between the programmes, but those differences are dwarfed by the differences caused by people's diets, sleep, how much effort they put into their workouts, and so on.

All you theorists should simply do the program.

That is how I learnt everything.

I tried before I questioned, nobody bothers anymore.

start another thread with your programs designed to get a novice lifter to those lifts faster, keeping in mind athleticism and sport couldnt take a back seat. He still does the Beep Test in over 14 WITHOUT doing any training whatsoever for it.

Plays basketball AND soccer during the week.

I'm waiting with baited breath, oh, no theories, fact only please.

All you theorists should simply do the program.

That is how I learnt everything.

I tried before I questioned, nobody bothers anymore.

start another thread with your programs designed to get a novice lifter to those lifts faster, keeping in mind athleticism and sport couldnt take a back seat. He still does the Beep Test in over 14 WITHOUT doing any training whatsoever for it.

Plays basketball AND soccer during the week.

I'm waiting with baited breath, oh, no theories, fact only please.

the_difference.png

I was simply stating opinion, I don't have any studies to back it up. Kyle is on the money though. For a program called stronglifts, if you read their training journals they aren't all that strong.

I was simply stating opinion, I don't have any studies to back it up. Kyle is on the money though. For a program called stronglifts, if you read their training journals they aren't all that strong.

Its the effort not the piece of paper.

I missed the oppurtunity to film Nick squatting 155kg x 20 on Wednesday. Unbelievable effort, after 15-20 squats sets, rack pulls, using over 200kg for multiple sets.

I didnt miss the oppurtunity to fim him squatting 210kg today, before walking 135 metres with 150kg ON HIS BACK.

Its a pity more of you cant witness a truly hard workout, all you get to see are the numbers at the end.

Max and Alen lifted for over 3 hours today, 2 of those hours were spent doing full cleans with a pause at the bottom.

Its the effort not the piece of paper.

I missed the oppurtunity to film Nick squatting 155kg x 20 on Wednesday. Unbelievable effort, after 15-20 squats sets, rack pulls, using over 200kg for multiple sets.

I didnt miss the oppurtunity to fim him squatting 210kg today, before walking 135 metres with 150kg ON HIS BACK.

Its a pity more of you cant witness a truly hard workout, all you get to see are the numbers at the end.

Max and Alen lifted for over 3 hours today, 2 of those hours were spent doing full cleans with a pause at the bottom.

strong guys' wouldn't be doing stronglifts 5x5. mainly beginners to intermediate.

I guess if you look at Mehdi, given his amount time lifitng you would be expecting more.

strong guys' wouldn't be doing stronglifts 5x5. mainly beginners to intermediate.

I guess if you look at Mehdi, given his amount time lifitng you would be expecting more.

I was unclear. Mehdi's efforts are unimpressive, those of some of his disciples are - I think - pretty good - as beginners*. How much can be credited to the programme and how much to simple balls-to-the-wall hard work, good eating and sleep I couldn't say.

Markos is right, there's a big difference between seeing someone's numbers and seeing someone's effort. You watch someone work out, you know when they're messing about, and when they're busting their foofer. One will get improvement, the other won't.

Consistent effort over time gets results. The rest is just commentary.

* Questioning any of it gets you banned without a word in public or private, and there's no "banned" under your name as here. You just disappear, scary :p

I was unclear. Mehdi's efforts are unimpressive, those of some of his disciples are - I think - pretty good - as beginners*. How much can be credited to the programme and how much to simple balls-to-the-wall hard work, good eating and sleep I couldn't say.

Markos is right, there's a big difference between seeing someone's numbers and seeing someone's effort. You watch someone work out, you know when they're messing about, and when they're busting their foofer. One will get improvement, the other won't.

Consistent effort over time gets results. The rest is just commentary.

* Questioning any of it gets you banned without a word in public or private, and there's no "banned" under your name as here. You just disappear, scary :p

Mehdi holds a pretty tight rein over his forums. No-one's allowed to swear or point and laugh at people doing barbell squats on fitballs or anything like that.

He wouldn't read a newsletter, he avoids anything which he regards as negative. Glance at his latest blog entry, it's all that marketing book self-help guru power-of-positive-thinking stuff. He's Belgian, but it's all very American in tone. Aussie-style "too much thinking, not enough lifting, just get in there and lift heavy sht" he doesn't like at all.

Some people you get them moving best with a gentle pat on the back. Some with a kick in the arse. Some with both. I think most beginners need a bit of both. Which is probably why he banned me. Markos, I think you would last about two days there.

Stronglifts disciple: "I don't know what to doooooooooo..."
Markos: "Something is missing from your workout: effort."
Stronglifts disciple: :eek:
report.gif

Mehdi: *banzorz*

If you sign up, let us know so we can make popcorn and watch.

Last edited:
Mehdi holds a pretty tight rein over his forums. No-one's allowed to swear or point and laugh at people doing barbell squats on fitballs or anything like that.

He wouldn't read a newsletter, he avoids anything which he regards as negative. Glance at his latest blog entry, it's all that marketing book self-help guru power-of-positive-thinking stuff. He's Belgian, but it's all very American in tone. Aussie-style "too much thinking, not enough lifting, just get in there and lift heavy sht" he doesn't like at all.

Some people you get them moving best with a gentle pat on the back. Some with a kick in the arse. Some with both. I think most beginners need a bit of both. Which is probably why he banned me. Markos, I think you would last about two days there.

Stronglifts disciple: "I don't know what to doooooooooo..."
Markos: "Something is missing from your workout: effort."
Stronglifts disciple: :eek:
report.gif

Mehdi: *banzorz*

If you sign up, let us know so we can make popcorn and watch.