• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi's 13500 calorie "diet"

Huge amount of food:D

I want you Fadi to make my offsession diet after my competition so i can get huge:)

And I was ripped and striated eating this amount of food. I would not have beleived it if someone told it to me; but I did it, (so I beleive it).:D

Fadi.

Fadi,

are you saying that these meals were all at once? As in, your "breakfast"

100g Chips
100g Baked potatoes
50g Pasta cooked
20g Butter
500ml Orange juice
500ml Milk full cream
8 Weetbix
240g Lamb chops
8 White bread slices
11 Eggs

this was all eaten in one sitting? I can understand a fast metabolism, but I cannot understand how this would all fit in your stomach in one sitting without it causing it to stretch massively?

Fadi,

are you saying that these meals were all at once? As in, your "breakfast"

100g Chips
100g Baked potatoes
50g Pasta cooked
20g Butter
500ml Orange juice
500ml Milk full cream
8 Weetbix
240g Lamb chops
8 White bread slices
11 Eggs

this was all eaten in one sitting? I can understand a fast metabolism, but I cannot understand how this would all fit in your stomach in one sitting without it causing it to stretch massively?

Yes that was just my point gymjunkie; it was all in one sitting just like I downed 2kg of fruit yogurt in one sitting and was looking for more when the 10th 200g tub was finished!

No stretched stomach, stomach discomfort, constipation, or any thing except hunger for food. The questions I'm getting now were the same ones I was getting from my fellow weightlifters at the time. I don't have an appetite to eat like that now though.

Fadi.

Amazing stuff Fadi, I couldn't believe it when I first read it but thinking about the amount of training you'd be doing I'd certainly be eating huge amounts as well.

Amazing stuff Fadi, I couldn't believe it when I first read it but thinking about the amount of training you'd be doing I'd certainly be eating huge amounts as well.

I think it was a combination of things Gareer (what is your name by the way)?

I was 17, the weather was cold (-15 at times), ridding the bicycle to the training area, year 11 & 12 study stresses, missing my family in Sydney and on it goes. Our brains need a tremendous amount of energy so the more we think the more energy demands are placed on our bodies as a whole.

You hear it all the times: "I feel drained/exhausted today." But the man spent all day in the office, (doing what you ask?); working his brains out which has (as I've said) a huge carry over effect onto the body.

So high calorie demands are based on a combination of factors one of which is training.

Fadi.

Our brains need a tremendous amount of energy so the more we think the more energy demands are placed on our bodies as a whole.

You hear it all the times: "I feel drained/exhausted today." But the man spent all day in the office, (doing what you ask?); working his brains out which has (as I've said) a huge carry over effect onto the body.

This I know to be true from personal experience.

X2

Fadi very impressive appetite. I think I could have managed that when I was 18. Had a food eating comp where I won $50 cause a mate bet I could eat 24 pieces of kfc and a family mega deal from hungry jacks ( 4 burgers and two large chips)... I could still eat more too.. Needless to say but I use to be rather heavy and not in a muscular way! Wish I could have put my ability to eat to good work as you did.

How many calories are in your bulking diets these days?
Posted via Mobile Device

Just out of interest, when you missed a meal or was late for a meal did you nearly die of hunger pains?

X2

Fadi very impressive appetite. I think I could have managed that when I was 18. Had a food eating comp where I won $50 cause a mate bet I could eat 24 pieces of kfc and a family mega deal from hungry jacks ( 4 burgers and two large chips)... I could still eat more too.. Needless to say but I use to be rather heavy and not in a muscular way! Wish I could have put my ability to eat to good work as you did.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's a lot of KFC Gauche!

I failed to mention that at the time I was lifting in the early 80s, the AIS team was sponsored by QANTAS. Travelling from Sydney to London in '83, I had 16 trays of food etc. I've mentioned this story before. Needless to say, I arrived in London 8kg heavier and had to lift in the heavier class than was intended. It worked out well since the heavier lifter lost weight and we ended up swapping classes :D!

How many calories are in your bulking diets these days?

No bulking diets as such these days Gouche, though I'd like to increase my bodyweight close to 90kg from my current 81kg. That will take time since the added weight will be muscles built through the myofibrillar hypertrophy vs sarcoplasmic hypertrophy pathways as is mainly the case in bodybuilding:

Muscle hypertrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Better yet, do yourself a huge service by following this link: Science and practice of strength ... - Google Books

1. Click on Contents
2. Scroll to page #47 and click on: Athlete-Specific Strength
3. Go to page #50 where it's all happenning and enjoy!

PS: Thank you for the question.

Fadi.

Just out of interest, when you missed a meal or was late for a meal did you nearly die of hunger pains?

I never missed a meal or was ever late for one. I began eating at 7am and stopped at 11:30pm. The only time my mouth was not moving was when I was training or in class.

In 2007, I went to see my mother in Lebanon. I arrived there weighing 70kg. In 11 days I was weighing 81kg (1kg/day for 11 days). Again, it was none stop eating.

The huge difference between the above two occasions was the mood. In the early 80s I was young and training super hard; in 2007 I was extremely happy to see my mother and when I’m happy (as with everyone else), my hormones can only spell the word anabolic and forget the meaning of catabolic.

Sure, quick weight gain and weigh loss is initially water but then again where does it say that water is not anabolic and a primer for huge muscles to come?!

A third element to the above is that whenever I put on the weight, it never happens by force or thought; it just happens as me responding to my body's needs. It takes a huge effort for me to add on fat and it can only happen if I make a conscious effort to put on weight.

So maybe there's something in all of this to bodybuilders wishing to add some muscle mass: go with the tide and not against it...do what your body is asking of you and not what you're asking of your body...

PS: The above has worked for me, so please do listen and learn the language your body speaks, it may be slightly different from mine.

Fadi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I remeber that story from the who is fadi thread. Hungry hungry man you were. I'll read through those articles to tonight. Thanks for sharing. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Fadi just out of curiosity could you share your training program with us? If it's in a box under your bed with a lock on it and two armed guards I understand but just curious as to how you train. I'm guessing from that strength training I read through you do allot of work similar to what markos preaches?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry Fadi one more thing. Really keen on owning that book, I just may head down that path instead. Is there some place in Australia you can recomend to purchase it?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a hard book to find, in Melbourne there Is a great sports book store on flinders st in the city that I bought it from, it has many other good strength books. Queensland is another story though, try doing a search around for sport books stores or even some uni bookshops if you are lucky.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm I'll give it a go, couldn't find much from tonights search. Enlighten me Dave, what's your history and training like?
Posted via Mobile Device

History of learning: I have an exercise science degree and am studying a masters of exercise rehab. I got crap all of my training knowledge from this and learnt it most from reading books such as 'the science and practice of strength training' 'serious strength training' by Tudor bompa and many other books, reading lots of articles and researching strength training studies in journals.

History of training: got myself strong (enough) when I still didn't know crap and focussed on power production for sports got my speed and jump up a fair bit before I injured myself, stopped working out, got lazy, got depressed and got fat. Now I have worked through it and am training hard again but smarter. I am using a program similar to fadi's beginner program to get back into it, will see how much neural connections (otherwise known as muscle memory) are left to see how quickly my strength returns. I am aiming for a 200kg deadlift by the end of the year minimum.

How's that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hey Fadi just out of curiosity could you share your training program with us? If it's in a box under your bed with a lock on it and two armed guards I understand but just curious as to how you train. I'm guessing from that strength training I read through you do allot of work similar to what markos preaches?
Posted via Mobile Device

Currently I'm more into power training than strictly strength training Gauche. Power is the offspring of mother speed and father strength!

Fadi.