• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you get mad when you cant finish your workout for what ever reason?

Why is it imperative that you have protein powder. It's a supplement, if you don't have any just eat food.
Steeve Reeves didn't use any protein powder and he went on to act as hercules in the movies.
Let's get real fellas protein powder is a luxury not a necessity.

P.S - Why don't you order more before running out?
P.S.S - Sorry I'm ranting, had a shit day in the footy comp.

I am missing a workout because of a bastard cold.Not finishing pisses me off
but missing a day just makes me feel like a fat(ter) old prick.

Why is it imperative that you have protein powder. It's a supplement, if you don't have any just eat food.
Steeve Reeves didn't use any protein powder and he went on to act as hercules in the movies.
Let's get real fellas protein powder is a luxury not a necessity.

P.S - Why don't you order more before running out?
P.S.S - Sorry I'm ranting, had a shit day in the footy comp.

Just a comfort thing...:confused:
Oh and isnt going to a gym and working out a luxury not a necessity?
thats what this thread is about.

Last edited:
True. If you dont exercise it can affect how long you live. Therefore if you need it to live it is needed. But thats more general about exercise and not gym specific.

i get cranky if i dnt get a protein shake right after a workout. i duno maybe i been taken in with all the adverts saying if u dnt get protein into ur system within 20mins of a workout ur muscles starve n u loose a golden opportunity to encourage growth, also been told that eating food after a workout doesn't help (as much) because body takes time to break down food and release the nutrients, by the time the body processes the chicken or a steak u lose that 20min window of opportunity, which is why protein powder is good because its predigested or sum such thing.

but thats just what i been told

i use to be really pissed off when i cudnt finish a workout, but i was overtraining then and was a bit of a reverse anorexic with how obsessed i was with training. now it just annoys me a bit but i tell myself il make it up later

I've started working out after work and its great.

I'm getting my best results. Hitting up pre-workout AA and stims then going hard. As soon as I'm done I walk into the showers and smash down a post-workout mix. Then take my time packing up and heading home.

Get home about an hour or so later and have dinner. Body just keeps getting smashed with nutrients and protein, then rest.

I've never had growth so good. You notice it as soon as you get up in the morning.

Makes me want to work out everyday, but I know that won't help.

by the time the body processes the chicken or a steak u lose that 20min window of opportunity, which is why protein powder is good because its predigested or sum such thing.
This is where the protein meal you had before you worked out comes into effect. If you have had a protein meal about 45 mins before your workout and then you workout for 45 mins you should still be in postive nitrogen balance so I don't subscribe to that theory aout the 20 min window.

Last edited:
I've started working out after work and its great.

I'm getting my best results. Hitting up pre-workout AA and stims then going hard. As soon as I'm done I walk into the showers and smash down a post-workout mix. Then take my time packing up and heading home.

Get home about an hour or so later and have dinner. Body just keeps getting smashed with nutrients and protein, then rest.

I've never had growth so good. You notice it as soon as you get up in the morning.

Makes me want to work out everyday, but I know that won't help.

how do u get gains then? i get jack shit and i train my ass off! WTF??

This is where the protein meal you had before you worked out comes into effect. If you have had a protein meal about 45 mins before your workout and then you workout for 45 mins you should still be in postive nitrogen balance so I don't subscribe to that theory aout the 20 min window.

fair enough, im gonna start doing this n see wot happens. but il still take the shake, old habits

if nothing else protein powder is a relatively inexpensive source of protein, at least the bulk unflavoured stuff i'm now getting is. works out to be less than a dollar a serve (=32g protein). try geting 30g of protein from any other source for less than a dollar. i can only think of eggs as a cheaper option.

how do u get gains then? i get jack shit and i train my ass off! WTF??

Well depends on your exercise regime for the week, your work and other daily activities, you diet, your genetics etc etc.

I've cut out all cardio the last month or so as I've been studying for exams. So I've just been hitting up the weights 3 times a week. Got a good routine, good supplements and good diet.

And like my above post says, I'm working out after work, so its a good time of day, i really push myself in the gym, but don't over do it. Restricted number of exercises, but i push the weights/reps/rest times. Good supps to give my body what it needs for optimal gains and then an hour or so later I'm eating dinner - by the time this is processed in my body, I'm resting or sleeping so the benefits or rest are setting in also.

fair enough, im gonna start doing this n see wot happens. but il still take the shake, old habits

if nothing else protein powder is a relatively inexpensive source of protein, at least the bulk unflavoured stuff i'm now getting is. works out to be less than a dollar a serve (=32g protein). try geting 30g of protein from any other source for less than a dollar. i can only think of eggs as a cheaper option.
You're right, bulk whey works out cheaper per serve, but i am over shakes after all these years and use them sparingly these days.