• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=12011]vonfram88[/MENTION]; can you post a pic of yourself with your Guns, that last one you posted was great. Wish I could find it. :(

Get in here [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION];

It would be propaganda if it were false. Simple reality is, borne out by the cold hard facts, more guns are on issue in Australia now than at any time in history yet the incidence of violent crime that involves the use of a firearm has decreased.
You" a smart bloke usualyy vonman but jeez it"s just drivel wben it comes to this topic

You" a smart bloke usualyy vonman but jeez it"s just drivel wben it comes to this topic

you don't like firearms, I do. I've been competitively shooting since I was nine at the PCYC.

In a modern free country like ours, people are entitled to dislike or like all kinds of things. Some of you don't like people from certain a cultures or religions, some of you don't like Ford motor cars.

i like guns, most of my family and friends like guns. We are law abiding citizens, I pay huge amounts of tax, do my bit for society, don't drink, and couldn't give a flying fuck about how many people find offense in my completely legal past-times.

you don't like firearms, I do. I've been competitively shooting since I was nine at the PCYC.

In a modern free country like ours, people are entitled to dislike or like all kinds of things. Some of you don't like people from certain a cultures or religions, some of you don't like Ford motor cars.

i like guns, most of my family and friends like guns. We are law abiding citizens, I pay huge amounts of tax, do my bit for society, don't drink, and couldn't give a flying fuck about how many people find offense in my completely legal past-times.
The topics about the consequences of american gun laws not your use of guns, two completely different things

It would be propaganda if it were false. Simple reality is, borne out by the cold hard facts, more guns are on issue in Australia now than at any time in history yet the incidence of violent crime that involves the use of a firearm has decreased.
I hear and appreciate your input here Von. So as I wrote in the OP, that to leave the status quo, and then expect some miraculous change in a positive way is ludicrous. I appreciate that our population here is vastly different from that of the US, and so are our laws. In your opinion, as we always seem to be following in the footsteps of whatever the Unites States does, should the US this time (perhaps) follow in our footsteps, and introduce to their system whatever measures we have taken that have resulted in the reduction of gun violence as you've put it?

In a nutshell, I'm genuinely interested in some new thing you've got to offer the Americans that would see a positive change in their pursuit of curbing their gun violence problem. Thank you sir.

The topics about the consequences of american gun laws not your use of guns, two completely different things

Von maybe a responsible gun owner I don't know, but fuck its hard work reading all his N.R.A. propaganda.

The thread seems to be asking Australians to opine on the matter of American gun laws. I'm sure our views are currently being tabled before Congress.

all I can offer is a view on firearms from the Australian context and I feel I can do so with some authority. I live here, you see.

I've loved my trips to the US. Shot all sorts of guns and it was a heap of fun can't wait to do it again. I like shooting but don't get enough time to do it.

The numbers show the states have higher gun deaths than a lot of other countries but I'm not about to suggest Aus type gun laws. I doubt it would work. Many of the highest gun ownership states in the US have lower gun deaths. So there has to be other issues than just gun ownership causing more deaths.

There are a high amount of gun deaths in the US. I don't see the point in denying that. It's a tricky problem to solve.

I seem to remember a similar conversation being conducted somewhere recently...

I am a responsible firearm owner but support gun control. I think the inability of (most, rub it in Von..) people to be able to obtain semi auto long arms is a reasonable compromise. There is no question Australia's gun laws have saved lives.

I find it amusing when people talk as though there is no link between legal and illegal firearms. There is a distinct but immeasurable link between the two. A small amount of firearms are made illegally by gunsmiths. Most are legally manufactured and mysteriously end up on the black market. Many legally owned guns are targeted in burglaries and home invasions also. I laugh when I see some young dickhead with a Beretta or Winchester sticker across his back window. They no doubt think they appear tough, and aside from the fact that most probably don't even own a gun, it's a good way to get your house robbed or worse get your front door kicked in by nasty gentlemen who have little regard for the safety of you and your wife/kids/girlfriend/life partner. Proliferation of firearms legally leads to proliferation of firearms illegally.

I was speaking to a Texan earlier this week, and after the complaints about Obama and the usual rhetoric about the 2nd amendment protecting citizens from soldiers entering peoples houses at will blah blah blah they said, 'well..we're Texans. You kill us we'll kill you back'. I left that conversation with a distinct WTF? going on. I think Obama is one of the only sane Americans sometimes. The culture surrounding and the way Americans view guns is completely foreign and an anathema to most Australians. We complain and carry on but we are fortunate we live where we do, in the society we do.

I've loved my trips to the US. Shot all sorts of guns and it was a heap of fun can't wait to do it again. I like shooting but don't get enough time to do it.

The numbers show the states have higher gun deaths than a lot of other countries but I'm not about to suggest Aus type gun laws. I doubt it would work. Many of the highest gun ownership states in the US have lower gun deaths. So there has to be other issues than just gun ownership causing more deaths.

There are a high amount of gun deaths in the US. I don't see the point in denying that. It's a tricky problem to solve.

I'm not even going there girlfriend.

R2v3c6H.gif

The thread seems to be asking Australians to opine on the matter of American gun laws. I'm sure our views are currently being tabled before Congress.

all I can offer is a view on firearms from the Australian context and I feel I can do so with some authority. I live here, you see.
It's not about you

Te following graphical representation from a NY Times article is food for thought. While you can't say conclusively that less legislative strength will lead to a higher firearm mortality rate, no doubt due to the host of socio-economic factors that surround this issue, you can conclude there is a trend of higher legislative strength states having lower firearm mortality rates.

ioi130037f1.png

I seem to remember a similar conversation being conducted somewhere recently...

I am a responsible firearm owner but support gun control. I think the inability of (most, rub it in Von..) people to be able to obtain semi auto long arms is a reasonable compromise. There is no question Australia's gun laws have saved lives.

I find it amusing when people talk as though there is no link between legal and illegal firearms. There is a distinct but immeasurable link between the two. A small amount of firearms are made illegally by gunsmiths. Most are legally manufactured and mysteriously end up on the black market. Many legally owned guns are targeted in burglaries and home invasions also. I laugh when I see some young dickhead with a Beretta or Winchester sticker across his back window. They no doubt think they appear tough, and aside from the fact that most probably don't even own a gun, it's a good way to get your house robbed or worse get your front door kicked in by nasty gentlemen who have little regard for the safety of you and your wife/kids/girlfriend/life partner. Proliferation of firearms legally leads to proliferation of firearms illegally.

I was speaking to a Texan earlier this week, and after the complaints about Obama and the usual rhetoric about the 2nd amendment protecting citizens from soldiers entering peoples houses at will blah blah blah they said, 'well..we're Texans. You kill us we'll kill you back'. I left that conversation with a distinct WTF? going on. I think Obama is one of the only sane Americans sometimes. The culture surrounding and the way Americans view guns is completely foreign and an anathema to most Australians. We complain and carry on but we are fortunate we live where we do, in the society we do.

Top post my friend. :)

See girls, he's smart as well good looking.