• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Alright so we know bracing the core is about getting into a neutral spinal position, pushing the ribcage down through diaphragmic action (like your taking a shit and trying to snap it off at the same time by clenching the ass cheeks), and pretend someone is about to punch you in the guts.

What I don't quite understand is how coaches refer to this position as being so tight that your spine should be as solid as a truss, your whole back as rigid as rigor mortis. Well, when I am maximally braced I can still twist, wiggle from side to side, and bend out of my neutral position to hyper extension should I wish.

What additional cues or techniques are necessary to achieve the tightness that peeps such as Rippetoe and Ed Coan talk about in youtube training vids?

Please explaino.

If one is to deadlift a coupla hundred pounds surely their bracing would be similar to what was described. What I like to know is how they can get their braced position so toight with no compromise even under extreme loads.

No dumbkopf, the beer, not pissing, ease off the beer and your posture will straighten up, speaking from experience, no bro science here.

breathing a full breath into the diaphram doesn't involve taking a belly full of air, its a different type of breathing while maintaining tension and maximising oxygen.

watch some youtube clips on deep divers. they don't distend their belly they simply utilise their entire lungs while remaining tight. this is more accurate for eg squatting, than relying on a belt for eg.

You blokes get dizzy when you brace with a gutful of air and then do your first rep.. say, overhead press? Far out shit can get srs real quick when that happens lol

you don't need that much oxygen, the drive to breath is the drive to expell carbon dioxide...

if its the first rep them more likely something is happening.

if it was after the tenth or twentyth rep then the muscles using oxygen and creating alot of biproducts i would think you need to breath... but before the first rep? thats not lack of oxygen.

are you perhaps hyperventilating a touch in an effort to breath more requently and get a good breath???

i think too much air in there isn't good for the expansion that ensues. not too big, not too small, and breath through the reps. just my opinion.

but yeah the diaphram drive has nothing to do with oxygen, its purely about moving the carbon dioxide out of our body. so use that info to pinpoint why your getting light headed. nobody knows your routine but you.

ive breathed 100% oxygen and that does nothing negative nor positive, so its not too much oxygen... it may be too low of some balance? we are products of our environment, change that and we get side effects.

breathing a full breath into the diaphram doesn't involve taking a belly full of air, its a different type of breathing while maintaining tension and maximising oxygen.

watch some youtube clips on deep divers. they don't distend their belly they simply utilise their entire lungs while remaining tight. this is more accurate for eg squatting, than relying on a belt for eg.

I'm lifting weights not deep diving.

You blokes get dizzy when you brace with a gutful of air and then do your first rep.. say, overhead press? Far out shit can get srs real quick when that happens lol

I've had it plenty. I've basically had everything go black and slow and having sort of convulsions on the ground. I've found it only happens when doing an exercise your not accustomed to, once you get used to it it goes away.

is a set airobic or anairobic?

Airobic or anairobic. No idea what that is.

Again I'm lifting weights.

Taking a big breath before you lift is about using the valsalva maneuver, not about getting enough oxygen in.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could in theory hold your breath, esp for your pussy weighlifting [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION] ;

do you even lift???

you could in theory hold your breath, esp for your pussy weighlifting [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION] ;

do you even lift???

How much you deadlift?

No one lifting heavy is breathing though the rep. Lol.

Last edited: