• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Exactly. That's why you don't fuck good food up with it. Just chug the shit down as fast as you can.

LOL some of us have well honed gag reflexes though. and hey, shut up, man. I have spent a lot of time on developing really good recipes for cakes and stuff with protein powders. NOT the usual crap, but proper stuff. Stop killing my biz :p

sorry, my belief an absolute waste of money, but a booming industry.

Most people I have convinced of same, have found no detriment to their muscular well being or strength when they gave protein powder up.

However, for those who struggle to get enough calories or protein, drinking down both may indeed help. Just a more expensive option.

The fact is that it's time consuming to eat 6-7 whole coked meals per day. When you look at the cost of a cooked meal with a lean protein and veg, the cooked meal will be more expensive (albeit more wholesome from a macronutrient perspective), depending on what protein you're buying. Most protein supps are actually relatively low in calories compared to eating a cooked meal so relying on protein shakes for calories isn't much use, however if you're dieting they can be useful.

Last edited:
So yeah if you're bulking then not much of an advantage but for a cut the exra low cal protein can help I s'pose.

yes, protein powder or protein products (made from food), do indeed provide another food option to eat.

I've got a lot of followers who are BB's prepping for comps each season as well as some athletes and from what I hear (and my own experience, messing about with protein powder baking), I think the following applies for many:

1. If prepping for comp, being able to enjoy some treats that have balanced macros but taste the same as the real thing can help to achieve goals, stay on course with dieting and make you feel normal in the process

2. It can be a delicious way to reach your protein targets for the day in any situation (especially for those of us who are not fond of shakes)

All of this hinges on using protein powders properly in cooking/baking. Most recipes on the internet are pretty disgusting and I don't think chowing down on something gross is better than not, just because you want to up your protein. Protein powder is too expensive to waste on making disgusting food. I'd rather face a shake than eat something that tastes like crap.

But if you do it well, it can be awesome. Especially if you'd rather eat than drink your cals and that leaves you more satisfied.

just mho

Last edited:
Not having a go at you choc. If you have managed to make protein powder foods edible that's a friggin good effort.

Not having a go at you choc. If you have managed to make protein powder foods edible that's a friggin good effort.

I know :)

But yeah, I've found been all sciency and a pastry geek means I can make the protein powders do some magic lol

I love food technology. But then pastry is always highly technical.

But it's true that most of the stuff out there is gross. I laugh when i see recipes and the photos look great .. but I read the recipe and I just know that it's a fail. What I don't understand is how people make this stuff and eat it and will make do.

FFS don't these people have tastebuds?

LOL sometimes, just eat the damn cookie. or chocolate. I wish everyone would buy my chocolates lol

tastes like heaven. gains guaranteed. trust me, i'm a scientist :D

LOL sometimes, just eat the damn cookie. or chocolate. I wish everyone would buy my chocolates lol

tastes like heaven. gains guaranteed. trust me, i'm a scientist :D

My wife brought me the quest protein peanut butter cups. Tasted like cups of spew. Thanked her for the thought but please not again.

Like I said if you can make it taste good that's awesome.