• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
As a practising Muslim, and for the sake of maintaining overall peace and harmony within the society of which I live in, I am prepared to forgo all foods that I deem not permissible for me to eat. I find it extremely strange and very unhelpful, that non-Muslims are creating some noise, (supposedly) on my behalf, on behalf of the Muslims. By that I mean the following: be it ANZAC, or Christmas music/decoration or any non-Islamic commemoration or celebration, certain media outlets seem to always find a way of drumming up some (fallacious) religious based hysteria contrived garbage (again), on my behalf, when I did not ask for it! It's as if there is a hidden force with an agenda to cause mischief and disharmony between the Muslim and the non-Muslim community in this country. Frankly, I'm sick of it!

As a practising Muslim, and for the sake of maintaining overall peace and harmony within the society of which I live in, I am prepared to forgo all foods that I deem not permissible for me to eat. I find it extremely strange and very unhelpful, that non-Muslims are creating some noise, (supposedly) on my behalf, on behalf of the Muslims. By that I mean the following: be it ANZAC, or Christmas music/decoration or any non-Islamic commemoration or celebration, certain media outlets seem to always find a way of drumming up some (fallacious) religious based hysteria contrived garbage (again), on my behalf, when I did not ask for it! It's as if there is a hidden force with an agenda to cause mischief and disharmony between the Muslim and the non-Muslim community in this country. Frankly, I'm sick of it!

I think I can appreciate where you're coming from Fadi.

But by media outlets creating un-necessary tension around such event like Xmas / ANZAC or whatever, do you feel that they seem to somehow make it about Islam directly or in-directly?

A lot of meat slaughterers are halal trained, right? Ingham says its chickens are halal. I guess they've managed to train their machines up to halal standard too.

lol can just imagine "god is good" being played over the loudspeakers on repeat as the chickens go into the mincer

I think I can appreciate where you're coming from Fadi.

But by media outlets creating un-necessary tension around such event like Xmas / ANZAC or whatever, do you feel that they seem to somehow make it about Islam directly or in-directly?
Both. We have a Muslim community radio station here in Sydney, and more often than not, we are the last ones to know/find out form other sources (usually the talk back radio stations 2GB and 2UE) that some Muslim (who no one knows or have heard of) has been renting on these two stations about his dislike or disagreement of the way things are conducted (Christmas is a classic one)!

Then you have some real unknown alter ego driven Muslim "scholars" who go on these two radio station for the sole purpose of attacking Islamic teachings as found in the Holy Qur'an. We're talking about a formal interview here and not simply an anonymous caller. The radio jock goes on to "defend" Islam, by telling this "scholar" that he doesn't think what she was saying would be agreed upon by the 1.7 billion majority Muslims etc. However the damage was done, no different to the Oklahoma City Bombing of 1995, where the finger-pointing and the blame almost instantly fell upon Arabs and Muslim as been behind such a gruesome act. It turned out it was not a Muhammad this or Abdullah that, but more like a Timothy McVeigh this and a Terry Nichols that instead. http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/the-oklahoma-city-bombing/

People need to wake up and start counting to 10 before going on with their unfounded and bigotry type of rants, or we'll all pay a price for the consequences of the few..., few bigots on both sides of the fence. If you wish to become known/famous; popular, rich even, go ahead and publicly denounce Islam, Muslims, and (whilst you're at it), perhaps Arabs too. Maybe write a book, make a video, or give out an interview.

Ask yourself, how are you contributing to this society we're all living in? We all have a part to play (whether we like it or not), and neutrality is not an option anymore in today's world. If I can help in answering some of your questions, perhaps even dispelling some myths and misconception you might have about my faith, I'd be happy to give you some of my time, if it means peace, harmony, better and more understanding can be achieved on an individual level. After all, society is made up of individuals, that is you and me.

All valid points and I would love to live in an idealists world, but reality is ; it only takes a few on either side of the fence to stir up feelings of ill-will to one another based on anything and everything. Religion, politics, sexual orientation... all threads here on the forum which have in recent times created the most heated of responses and lengthy of debates.

I look at my son. He's only 4 months old. So innocent and unaware of the world he's coming into.

Imagine if we all could have such an innocent view of the world. Would we really be killing each other over land, money, religion, the historic grudges of our forefathers.

Reactions: C_T
Imagine if we all could have such an innocent view of the world. Would we really be killing each other over land, money, religion, the historic grudges of our forefathers.
The answer is yes, yes we would be killing each other. Because even though we have an innocence about us brother, we also have other attributes that drives us to commit all sorts of atrocities when these type of attributes go uncontrolled. Attributes such as greed, envy, jealousy, and hate..., or even love itself, when that love exceeds certain limits and becomes an element of misguidance and a hindrance, rather than guidance and a way forward to a mutual point of respect and understanding.

It's not an easy thing to speak or act against your own interest, but that is exactly what is required if prejudices and biases are to be controlled, or utterly destroyed.

Some people on this forum (and it's very unfortunate really), are laboring under a false impression that Fadi is on this or that side of the fence and perhaps can not be trusted. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Reactions: C_T
It's like the blind leading the blind. Most people don't know what halal is, but they know they're against it.

All foods are labelled halal if they are, so you can clearly see if a certain food is or isn't. The broader definition of "halal" for muslims is something which is allowed. So this could be drinking clean water or watching a certain TV show. When it comes to meat, it means that the animal was slaughtered in regards to a certain procedure. The procedure is something along the lines of the animal should be quickly slaughtered via the neck and the blood to be drained. This originates from preventing blood from pooling or using sick animals, which can result in diseased meat.

Sorry bud way off the mark...

In oz

The animal has its slit throat while it faces Mecca by a Muslim practicioner while words about Mohammed are spoken.....Then another person immediately puts a bolt straight through the animals brain to give it a quick death and reduce suffering...

Over seas its all the same however there is no quick kill from the bolt.... And the animal suffers a cruel death...

Sorry bud way off the mark...

In oz

The animal has its slit throat while it faces Mecca by a Muslim practicioner while words about Mohammed are spoken.....Then another person immediately puts a bolt straight through the animals brain to give it a quick death and reduce suffering...

Over seas its all the same however there is no quick kill from the bolt.... And the animal suffers a cruel death...

Hey brother, where did you get this information from? I'm curious if you don't mind. Thank you.

Would you mind pointing out the step/s you disagree with based on the several points which you've raised in your post? I'd like to learn something here. Again, thank you.

Hey brother, where did you get this information from? I'm curious if you don't mind. Thank you.

Would you mind pointing out the step/s you disagree with based on the several points which you've raised in your post? I'd like to learn something here. Again, thank you.

Giiday Fadi
Knowledge on aus halal came from working with halal meat in Australia and Aqis and the operations in our kill houses/ abattoirs...

Comments regarding cruelty relate to the videos out of Indonesia of the halal killings...

The animal has its slit throat while it faces Mecca by a Muslim practicioner while words about Mohammed are spoken.
Pretty much what was already discussed. If you don't follow Islam, who cares which way an animal is facing when it dies.

Then another person immediately puts a bolt straight through the animals brain to give it a quick death and reduce suffering...
This depends on the animal and individual practices of abattoirs. For larger animals that are hard to control and take a while to bleed out, it can be more efficient. Otherwise, it's unnecessary.

The shot to the head or the stunning doesn't really affect the suffering. As I said in a previous post, once the main artery to the brain is sliced, the animal loses consciousness.

Giiday Fadi
Knowledge on aus halal came from working with halal meat in Australia and Aqis and the operations in our kill houses/ abattoirs...

Comments regarding cruelty relate to the videos out of Indonesia of the halal killings...

Okay thanks.

1. "words about Mohammed are spoken", is not correct brother. That's blasphemy here. Words such as in the name of God, or God is Great, yes, but nothing to do with prophet Muhammad (pbuh) here, ever!

2. "puts a bolt straight through the animals brain to give it a quick death", that would be irony in the extreme brother. The idea and this whole fuss over halal or not halal stems from the stun gun or bolt or whatever. Why? Because the whole idea is to have the animal 100% alive without even a 0.01% chance that it died due to stunning. Dead animals are Haram in Islam. So this whole controversy has stemmed based on the possibility that the stunning of the animal has a potential/possibility to kill it before its throat is slit.

3. "Over seas its all the same however there is no quick kill from the bolt.... And the animal suffers a cruel death", perhaps overseas in Indonesia, and only with imported live meat from Oz, otherwise the idea of stunning is a 100% foreign idea to Muslims worldwide. And we don't believe that the animal suffers when its throat is slit, or at least, it doesn't suffer the way a stunned animal suffers. Appearances can be deceiving.

Here's a copy paste which some may find very interesting indeed. Read with an open mind and decide for yourself please. Thank you.

Is Islamic slaughter cruel?
The question of how an animal should be slaughtered toavoid cruelty is a different one. It is true that when the blood flows from thethroat of an animal it looks violent, but just because meat is now boughtneatly and hygienically packaged on supermarket shelves does not mean theanimal didn’t have to die? Non-Islamic slaughter methods dictate that theanimal should be rendered unconscious before slaughter. This is usuallyachieved by stunning or electrocution. Is it less painful to shoot a bolt intoa sheep’s brain or to ring a chicken’s neck than to slit its throat? To watchthe procedure does not objectively tell us what the animal feels.

The scientific facts

A team at the university of Hannover in Germany examined these claims through the use of EEG and ECG records during slaughter.Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull ofall the animals used in the experiment and they were then allowed to recoverfor several weeks. Some of the animals were subsequently slaughtered the halalway by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cuttingthe jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides together with the tracheaand esophagus but leaving the spinal cord intact. The remainder were stunnedbefore slaughter using a captive bolt pistol method as is customary in Westernslaughterhouses. The EEG and ECG recordings allowed to monitor the condition ofthe brain and heart throughout. http://www.mustaqim.co.uk/halalstudy.htm

The Halal method

With the halal method of slaughter, there was notchange in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision wasmade, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself.This is not surprising. Often, if we cut ourselves with a sharp implement, wedo not notice until some time later. The following three seconds werecharacterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about bythe draining of large quantities of blood from the body.Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading,indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and thebody convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is thisphase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that theanimal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensualmessages.

The Western method
Using the Western method, the animals were apparentlyunconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be muchmore peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe painimmediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases tofeel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, toput it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of theheart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightlyconvulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in themeat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to theefficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier todispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Appearances can deceive
Not all is what it seems, then. Those who want tooutlaw Islamic slaughter, arguing for a humane method of killing animals forfood, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those ofthe animals on whose behalf they appear to speak. The stunning method makesmass butchery easier and looks more palatable for the consumer who can deceivehimself that the animal did not feel any pain when he goes to buy his cleanlywrapped parcel of meat from the supermarket. Islamic slaughter, on the otherhand, does not try to deny that meat consumption means that animals have todie, but is designed to ensure that their loss of life is achieved with aminimum amount of pain.

Last edited:
Pretty much what was already discussed. If you don't follow Islam, who cares which way an animal is facing when it dies.

This depends on the animal and individual practices of abattoirs. For larger animals that are hard to control and take a while to bleed out, it can be more efficient. Otherwise, it's unnecessary.

The shot to the head or the stunning doesn't really affect the suffering. As I said in a previous post, once the main artery to the brain is sliced, the animal loses consciousness.

Nope.... Aus law requires bolt to the head immediately following the slit throat

Okay thanks.

1. "words about Mohammed are spoken", is not correct brother. That's blasphemy here. Words such as in the name of God, or God is Great, yes, but nothing to do with prophet Muhammad (pbuh) here, ever!

2. "puts a bolt straight through the animals brain to give it a quick death", that would be irony in the extreme brother. The idea and this whole fuss over halal or not halal stems from the stun gun or bolt or whatever. Why? Because the whole idea is to have the animal 100% alive without even a 0.01% chance that it died due to stunning. Dead animals are Haram in Islam. So this whole controversy has stemmed based on the possibility that the stunning of the animal has a potential/possibility to kill it before its throat is slit.

3. "Over seas its all the same however there is no quick kill from the bolt.... And the animal suffers a cruel death", perhaps overseas in Indonesia, and only with imported live meat from Oz, otherwise the idea of stunning is a 100% foreign idea to Muslims worldwide. And we don't believe that the animal suffers when its throat is slit, or at least, it doesn't suffer the way a stunned animal suffers. Appearances can be deceiving.

Here's a copy paste which some may find very interesting indeed. Read with an open mind and decide for yourself please. Thank you.

Is Islamic slaughter cruel?
The question of how an animal should be slaughtered toavoid cruelty is a different one. It is true that when the blood flows from thethroat of an animal it looks violent, but just because meat is now boughtneatly and hygienically packaged on supermarket shelves does not mean theanimal didn’t have to die? Non-Islamic slaughter methods dictate that theanimal should be rendered unconscious before slaughter. This is usuallyachieved by stunning or electrocution. Is it less painful to shoot a bolt intoa sheep’s brain or to ring a chicken’s neck than to slit its throat? To watchthe procedure does not objectively tell us what the animal feels.

The scientific facts

A team at the university of Hannover in Germany examined these claims through the use of EEG and ECG records during slaughter.Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull ofall the animals used in the experiment and they were then allowed to recoverfor several weeks. Some of the animals were subsequently slaughtered the halalway by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cuttingthe jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides together with the tracheaand esophagus but leaving the spinal cord intact. The remainder were stunnedbefore slaughter using a captive bolt pistol method as is customary in Westernslaughterhouses. The EEG and ECG recordings allowed to monitor the condition ofthe brain and heart throughout. http://www.mustaqim.co.uk/halalstudy.htm

The Halal method

With the halal method of slaughter, there was notchange in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision wasmade, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself.This is not surprising. Often, if we cut ourselves with a sharp implement, wedo not notice until some time later. The following three seconds werecharacterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about bythe draining of large quantities of blood from the body.Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading,indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and thebody convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is thisphase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that theanimal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensualmessages.

The Western method
Using the Western method, the animals were apparentlyunconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be muchmore peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe painimmediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases tofeel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, toput it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of theheart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightlyconvulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in themeat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to theefficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier todispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Appearances can deceive
Not all is what it seems, then. Those who want tooutlaw Islamic slaughter, arguing for a humane method of killing animals forfood, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those ofthe animals on whose behalf they appear to speak. The stunning method makesmass butchery easier and looks more palatable for the consumer who can deceivehimself that the animal did not feel any pain when he goes to buy his cleanlywrapped parcel of meat from the supermarket. Islamic slaughter, on the otherhand, does not try to deny that meat consumption means that animals have todie, but is designed to ensure that their loss of life is achieved with aminimum amount of pain.

I'm referring to what actually happens in the abbatoirs...

Not my opinions

Brother I know who you are and who I'm dealing with here okay. No need for an apology. We're two mature men having an exchange of ideas, in a respectful manner. I can't ask for more than that. Also, thank you for the link.

All good brother! Full respect to you.

Last edited:
Nope.... Aus law requires bolt to the head immediately following the slit throat

I don't think so. Shooting an animal in the head once you've slaughtered it would be redundant. As Fadi mentioned, I think you're confusing it with stunning the animal prior to slaughtering it.