• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

High vs low frequency training

How often do I train each muscle group?

• Total voters
Unfortunately for the natural bodybuilder, steroids have really fogged up the glasses Steve. Working the muscle much more and giving it more recovery, does not take into consideration the recovery of your other much more important factor to recovering overall, and that's your nervous system. So a natural bodybuilder working his muscles really hard (because he can, due to the 5-day split), still needs to take into consideration the how is he working that muscle (despite it being [say] one muscle vs. a whole body workout). If he is using low repetitions, then that would have a totally different effect and ramification on his ability to recover from such a workout. If on the other hand he's using higher repetitions, with emphasis on metabolically stressing the muscle fibers over CNS stressing his whole nervous system, then not only would his ability to recover be enhanced, but his body's release of Myostatin would be suppressed (which is a good thing if muscle growth is his goal). Heavy loads have been shown to increase Myostatin, aka GDF-8. Do your research on Myostatin, for me I'm content with the metabolic stress type of workouts over the heavy load ones.

It's good to look at the overall picture and take more than one aspect to training into consideration when/before deciding on writing a potentially good metabolic stress and /or muscle (joint) overload program. As I've written before, there's no such thing as a muscle hypertrophy/bodybuilding program, as muscle growth is only a side effect of those two training methods I just mentioned.

dude you can't do a wall of text, nobody will read it!

tbh fadi, i think your combining too many skills into 1 toolset...

im not sure theres many that are ready for that???

Last edited:
Because you said no body will read it then you agreed everyone read it. Its funny. Lighten up.

maybe im contributing, and your just criticizing?

edit : in the above video, this is exactly the same concept. its not new, you don't need study's to veryify (tho they will show it)

Last edited:
Because you said no body will read it then you agreed everyone read it. Its funny. Lighten up.

that was subliminal for the readers, i quoted it twice and re-formatted it, so it was up 4x.
nobody can't NOT read that :)

and it worked hehe

3 times a week, every session involves squats 4 warmup sets then 5x5 squats. Also alternating days with bench and deadlifts ie Monday and Friday is deads and bench Wed, next week it swaps.

Working well for me so far.