• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what are some top rated suppliments

Interesting I don't see any1 listing these new products on the shelf, e,g gaspari myofusion or Cell tech , Animal stak etc.

I've concluded to have glutamine, creatine, ZMA and fish oil.
Should a pre workout be included? or is that a sign that the body requires more rest?
I always thought to take a extra day off and sleep alot more and the next day i would resume the workout.

I would of thought the new products on the shelves have advanced in their ingredients and potential looks like it hasnt

Because they are overpriced bullshit
Cell tech is just protein powder and sugar. Sugar is what $2 for a kilo? Great way to get diabetes
Pre-workout is fine, I rarely get a good training session unless I am wired, it's just "average" which is fine too

I take:
WPI,
Creaitine mono,
fish oil,
Blackmores bio zinc (sometimes), which is like mini ZMA, I find that if I take too much zinc I wake up in the middle of the night all horny and I can't get back to sleep.
Vital Greens, same as zinc, every now and then when I get very busy at work and I don't have the time to cook and eat enough veg etc...

Not sure how I feel about creatine
I will have 20-30g of it in my carb ups and I am much, much bigger the day after than if I do not take it with my carb ups

No real performance benefit though and taking it every day didn't do much at all, even with 60g of it a day. I find I recover a bit better between sets but I also find I can nut it up and do the extra sets anyway

Interesting I don't see any1 listing these new products on the shelf, e,g gaspari myofusion or Cell tech , Animal stak etc.

I would of thought the new products on the shelves have advanced in their ingredients and potential looks like it hasnt

No one in their right mind buys any of that rubbish, read the label most of it is just crap.

A serving of Celltech for example is some vitamins, 1 gram of BCAA's, 5 grams of creatine and 15 grams of sugar, probably worth about $3-6 per kilo at the most.

An effective dose of BCAA"s is 15-20 grams minimum per serve this stuff calls it a BCAA matrix and gives you one fucking gram per serving, then it contains 15 grams of sugar, so basically you are buying 1 gram of BCAA's and 5 grams of Creatine, and a heap of sugar.

The number 1 Supplement of recent times would have to be Craze. While PWOs probably aren't the best "Supplement" to your diet, there wouldn't be any other supplement which was so outstanding in its field as Craze was/is.

I've concluded to have glutamine, creatine, ZMA and fish oil.
Should a pre workout be included? or is that a sign that the body requires more rest?
I always thought to take a extra day off and sleep alot more and the next day i would resume the workout.

These products are all fairly old to be honest haha - there are 1000's of products out there and 99% of them do nothing...stick with the basics and thats all you need....dont look for a secret weapon in regards to supplements because it aint there - train hard, stick with the basic supplements and of course eat well....

Everyone here (as you may of noticed) have listed pretty much the same supplements and they are all very basic...that should sort of tell you something...

Oni, what's your supplement list (non-food)?

Currently drinking Giant Sports Delicious Protein, no carb and blended source. Have this prior to eating with 5g of psyllium, fills me right up
Pre workout I go for "methylzene" which is an ECY stack with 5-HTP, b-complex and thermos
5-HTP + acetyl-tryrosine in the morning for mood & energy
BCAA during training which honestly does make a difference although I was dubious on this one

Last edited:
No one in their right mind buys any of that rubbish, read the label most of it is just crap.

A serving of Celltech for example is some vitamins, 1 gram of BCAA's, 5 grams of creatine and 15 grams of sugar, probably worth about $3-6 per kilo at the most.

An effective dose of BCAA"s is 15-20 grams minimum per serve this stuff calls it a BCAA matrix and gives you one fucking gram per serving, then it contains 15 grams of sugar, so basically you are buying 1 gram of BCAA's and 5 grams of Creatine, and a heap of sugar.

An effective dose of BCAA"S is 15 -20 grams? Is that a typo? I read somewhere that a serve was 1-2 grams

5g is plenty for BCAA
They are used so that the body has leucine immediately when you start training, 5g is enough to keep you insulin sensitive post workout. Even 1g of leucine will keep you insulin sensitive really but I like a safety net. 20g is one big safety net lol, even 20g protein shake is enough let alone bcaa

An effective dose of BCAA"S is 15 -20 grams? Is that a typo? I read somewhere that a serve was 1-2 grams

Sorry my mistake, I was going off memory, a scientifically validated dose of BCAA's is 10gram according to BN, who have their scientifically validated line of product which include dosages that have been shown in clinical studies to make a difference ie to be effective.

QUOTE FROM BULK NUTRIENTS SITE:
BCAA Recovery combines a scientifically validated dose of BCAAs (10g), at the most verified ratio studied (2-1-1), with the highest dose of Citrulline Malate (2.5g) on the market. It also combines electrolytes, Sodium, at doses above 20mmols (when mixed at the recommended ratio), as well as Potassium to assist hydration needs.
BCAAs have long been studied, showing benefits in reducing muscle soreness, faster recovery time, reduced creatine kinase (which is a good indicator of recovery) and a better retention of maximum muscular force.
We have added Citrulline Malate at a higher dose of 2500mg, as combined with our Pre Workout 101, it is the only product in combination which provides a clinical proven 6000mg dose to ensure proper benefits are had.

Read the whole thing here:
BCAA Recovery