• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good deadlift tip

Good tip and one that has a slightly more in depth biomechanical explanation that my man crush Kelly Starett talks about a lot.

Torque in the joint capsules is key to maintaining position under load. The best way to create torque in the hip capsule is to externally rotate the femur by screwing the feet into the floor (think turn your toes out while actually keeping your feet straight ish) and driving the knees out.

When pulling conventional I like to set this tension in my hips while standing straight then bend at the hips and drive my knees out to maintain it while reaching for the bar.

Once you grab the bar pull like crazy while screwing your feet into the floor.

http://www.ptccanberra.com.au
The home of old school strength & conditioning in the ACT.

This corkscrew action on the knees under load doesn't sound too good for the joint doesn't it? Having said that there is a mechanical benefit to it for sure, I just tried it out today with my deadlift and it's def provides more stability.