• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

28Yrs & 57kg...Can't gain weight - HELP!

If I was big and solid like all ous probably are I wouldnt be here asking all these questions, the reason I came to this forum was to get some advice from people who have been thru this phase.

If I was big and solid like all ous probably are I wouldnt be here asking all these questions, the reason I came to this forum was to get some advice from people who have been thru this phase.

So what conclusions have you come too? What have you learnt so far?

So basically eat everything I can see in my sights healthy or unhealthy, which should cause the weight gain, then when i get to a good size start eating healthy.

EAT FOOD.
ALL KINDS OF FOOD
HEALTHY OR UNHEALTHY
EAT IT TILL YOU FEEL SICK
THEN EAT AGAIN AS SOON AS YOU CAN

In the time you've taken to type all your responces, you could have eaten a couple of burgers.

Just eat mate.
anything and everything is ok.

when you gain 20kg of weight, then look at "diet"

EAT!

Thanks Brick, I am being 100% serious so will take any advice i can get. Have been to gyms & supplement shops but they were no use all they wanted was $$$.
I actually did purchase 2L of flavoured milk last night after work aswell as ins of tuna, so I will do all of that. My biggest concern with eating fatty/oily/greasy foods is the health consequence. But if it is for a short time to get some weight increase I think it should be okay I hope.

So basically eat everything I can see in my sights healthy or unhealthy, which should cause the weight gain, then when i get to a good size start eating healthy.

Sure have the odd burger or "junk" but try where possible to eat good stuff.
A few peanut butter sandwiches a day added to regular meals can help and a few litres of milk.

When I was 57kg I used to eat 3 cream buns per day on top of my normal food. :eek:

Want to start now and am committed to it. All the supplement shops aren't of much help, all just sales based and are there to sell sell sell.
Anyone who can provide some advice will be appreciated. Are protein powders definitely required?

Yeah, it's good you cottoned on to that one early.. alot of guys (self included when younger) have been guilty of buying into the hype and pretty labels...

Check out the nutrition sections here and many articles on the net about gaining weight in a good way in con-junction with the right kind of training.

Without knowing more detail about your training (if any) or existing eating, it's hard to give a blanket answer, but I would assume like the others you don't eat much?

Supplements can be of use in a situation like this (e.g. Mass gainer powders are a good way of upping calories if you don't naturally have a big appetite) but you still have to train right to use them effeciently or you may as well just go on the Macca's 12 week challenge.

I'm now fifty, three mistakes I made;

Getting married at 24
Not squatting early enough
Not eating enough.
At 28 I ate so much I hated eating, it was a workout in itself, so I quit.

I still squat a lot, but I wish I had the brain cells to of done it when I was younger

MAX’S Super Size protein callims to provide 3000kj per serving. If i was to invest in something like this and have it tqice a day it would increase my calorie intake per day dramatically. This recommended by anyone?

Max's just builds Super Size holes in wallets.
Mix your own weight gainers with milk, bananas, peanut butter, yoghurt, ice cream, oats etc.

Thanks Kuntze, sounds like you were in a similar position as i was, good to know there is hope to get big.

I think you like just saying "thanks kuntze"

At 30 I was a single parent looking after two kids, with no Internet and no time.

Workout like your life depends on it, because it does.

It wasn't until forty that I needed to really watch what went in the pie hole, it sucks.