• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

lol @ Mehdi not being bigger because he doesn't take steroids

Atleast the site gets people which have probably never trained before into strength training which is good IMO. SL actually got me into strength training which im thankful for and im sure most people will figure shit out slowly and move on. When I first found the site I was so fucking happy because I found something that would change my life. As time went on I kept doing more research and because of links to madcow 5x5 and 5/3/1 on the site I managed to learn alot more about training by discovering people like Jim Wendler Bill Start etc. These days when I read the SL site or see posts by Medhi they do make me laugh sometimes but it did get me going in the right direction.

Good point! Thats like saying "Barbie Grrl by Aqua was what got me interested in dance music, but I listen to serious shit now"

I swear that stronlifts then madcow then 531 is the only way to strength train
as well as the coan philipi, magnusson and smolov routines. Sheiko if youre feeling edgy

I remember when zyzz said that gooby was the person he wanted to look like xD

I don't think either SS or SL5x5 are particularly good programs (mostly because they aren't very well balanced, and making a balanced program ain't rocket surgery). They're a lot better than a lot of the stuff out there, and either program will make most people stronger than whatever they'd come up with on their own, but how hard is it to balance your pushing and pulling, seriously? Rippetoe presents as a massive dick and Mehdi presents as a massive pussy. Both of them manage to have personal armies of dicks and pussies. I feel that when people get into e-wars over which one is better, it's about as enriching as arguing over whether sandwiches should be cut diagonally or horizontally. The notion that steroids are needed to get bigger than Mehdi or to squat about 350 is either ludicrous or depressing. It amazes me that anyone over the age of 17 still buys into long-winded sales spiels, which is what 90% of what Mehdi's material is -- hey, I bought into that approach the first time I saw it, but then I saw it again and the grey stuff between my ears took note of it.

Both SS and SL5x5 seem to spend too much time trying to appeal to untrained wannabe bodybuilders. I guess there's more of a market for that, but no matter what Mark says about the IGF-1 in milk, drinking a gallon of it each day and squatting won't give you 10lb of muscle in 2 weeks.

I like apples.

I was drawn into Stuart McRoberts stuff to start with...

He has a lot of good points but dismisses a lot of routines, and assumes you have the recovery abilities of an AIDS victim. I had good progress completely ignoring a lot of his advice.

I don't think either SS or SL5x5 are particularly good programs (mostly because they aren't very well balanced, and making a balanced program ain't rocket surgery). They're a lot better than a lot of the stuff out there, and either program will make most people stronger than whatever they'd come up with on their own, but how hard is it to balance your pushing and pulling, seriously? Rippetoe presents as a massive dick and Mehdi presents as a massive pussy. Both of them manage to have personal armies of dicks and pussies. I feel that when people get into e-wars over which one is better, it's about as enriching as arguing over whether sandwiches should be cut diagonally or horizontally. The notion that steroids are needed to get bigger than Mehdi or to squat about 350 is either ludicrous or depressing. It amazes me that anyone over the age of 17 still buys into long-winded sales spiels, which is what 90% of what Mehdi's material is -- hey, I bought into that approach the first time I saw it, but then I saw it again and the grey stuff between my ears took note of it.

Both SS and SL5x5 seem to spend too much time trying to appeal to untrained wannabe bodybuilders. I guess there's more of a market for that, but no matter what Mark says about the IGF-1 in milk, drinking a gallon of it each day and squatting won't give you 10lb of muscle in 2 weeks.

I like apples.

I like. Though I do still have some respect for Ripp's programming.

I was drawn into Stuart McRoberts stuff to start with...

He has a lot of good points but dismisses a lot of routines, and assumes you have the recovery abilities of an AIDS victim. I had good progress completely ignoring a lot of his advice.

What sort of progress did you have?