• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

F*** you and your elbow.

Faark.. so how can you genuinely tell if your CNS is shot, you are overtraining, or your cortisol levels are through the roof?

Basically if you think your CNS is shot or you might be overtrained you are not.

The average person couldn't push themselves hard enough to ever over train anyway.

Could be plenty of things.

Not training hard enough

Training like shit

Calories too low.

Unrealistic expectations of how fast you should be progressing.

Sleep and food the first two things to look at... I reckon 99% comes back to this...

Then training and programming...

Sleep and food the first two things to look at... I reckon 99% comes back to this...

Then training and programming...

A big one I think is people don't realise how slow progress can be after the initial noob gains.

They think they have stalled if they haven't put 5 kg on there bench in a month.

Say a bloke has a 120 bench. I am sure he would be happy with a 180 kg bench. That's only 6 kg a year for the next 10 years. So it may take you the best part of 6 months to a year to get that 5kg pb.

Not progressing can't always be attributed to diet or rest. CNS overstimulated may be one?

Not progressing can't always be attributed to diet or rest. CNS overstimulated may be one?

If someone is training for many hours a day every day. It's a possibility.

If the average joe who sits on hit arse all day at work and lifts weights for one hour a day 3 - 5 days a week thinks they are have over overstimulated their CNS they must think their body is fucking pathetic.

Maybe not overstimulated then but not conditioned enough perhaps! If one trains only 1/24 of the day or 4%, but the other 96% is spent being all slothy.

That's exactly what Mark says...... No such thing as over trained, just underprepared for the task at hand.

I have over trained. .

But it is only when I am trying to limit calories while keeping intensity high.

You have insomnia

And you can eat anything. .

So if it's impossible or at least incredibly difficult to be overtrained, how do you explain people who simply feel exhausted after a few weeks of harder than usual training, even when they have adequate sleep and eating habits and how would you 'treat' it?

So if it's impossible or at least incredibly difficult to be overtrained, how do you explain people who simply feel exhausted after a few weeks of harder than usual training, even when they have adequate sleep and eating habits and how would you 'treat' it?

I'd start by verifying adequate food and sleep, then look at their programming

They are just a bit tired. Simple as that, it will happen when you work hard at anything.

Your body adapts, my first 6 weeks on Sheiko nearly killed me, now it's still dreadful but my elbows, knees, shoulders, wrists, head, neck and ankles don't hurt as much as they did.

People just look for excuses.

Ok, so if you're going to die, you may as well do it with what you love doing.

Is this the take home message.

Not judging dont get kunty, just interested.