• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

It's not me! It's my thyroid!

number of meals is irrelevant.
have you got an idea on your bmr?

really like to see your macros...

I've typed up the food I eat on many occasions and it's been about 3500kcal a day.
I have recently started to gain weight though and it was me going low carb + high fat that did it. I only eat a high amount of carbs less than 4h after training. Looking at the possibility of hyperthyroidism that would make sense... especially when I was really ramping up the calories each day and getting leaner, I was basically getting them through simple sugars (IE a slab of coca cola a day).

Even if the tests do come back with elevated T3 production I am tempted to just leave it be until I get serious problems. Despite what AusBB thinks there is nothing really wrong with my weight lol. Looks like a keto style diet is the way forwards for me anyway. Or at least significantly upping the amount of fat I eat

I do pre season once a week but it's mainly kicking because I have better fitness levels than most of the team and because I'm English didn't practice kicking from child. I doubt that's the reason lol

Yeah at the moment I will have eggs for breakfast, BCAA shake then go train, two double quarter pounders at maccas, large fries (which I can't eat so I snack on these through the day), large coke and a large caramel frappe. Get home and have the weight gainer shake which is the ON srs mass at 1250kcal for two scoops. For dinner I will have just meat + vegetables as it's what I like to eat. Around 1200-1500kcal in this meal, 500g of fatty meat normally. I avoid the KFC now as chicken is shit tier for gaining. I go to sleep with one scoop of the gainer shake. Up to 69kg now :D

I really hope I can get up to a lean 70kg by June time so I can water weight myself down into the 67.5kg class and set dem der natty records

thyroid problems really suck. it took me 2 years to figure out i had an issue because i thought feeling 'tired and shitty, limited ability to concentrate, forgetfulness and did i mention not being able to get out of bed in the morning' was just normal..

I've typed up the food I eat on many occasions and it's been about 3500kcal a day.
I have recently started to gain weight though and it was me going low carb + high fat that did it. I only eat a high amount of carbs less than 4h after training. Looking at the possibility of hyperthyroidism that would make sense... especially when I was really ramping up the calories each day and getting leaner, I was basically getting them through simple sugars (IE a slab of coca cola a day).

Even if the tests do come back with elevated T3 production I am tempted to just leave it be until I get serious problems. Despite what AusBB thinks there is nothing really wrong with my weight lol. Looks like a keto style diet is the way forwards for me anyway. Or at least significantly upping the amount of fat I eat

upping fats works for me too, Oni.

Nothing really wrong with my weight either...it's just that the big dudes can't relate to someone who's more compact LOL :D

For someone who burns a lot of calories 3500 isn't much to try and gain weight.

I lose weight fast on that now and back when I was 70kg was probably eating double that to gain any weight.