• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why

Haha
That Mazza guy looks legit strong I dunno why he hasn't pimpslapped him
Maybe they are having sex

Next big thing in PL, spring loaded shirts

Shirts these days are basically springs lol. They even come with pre twisted sleeves so when you do the negative it legit coils like a spring. Not hating on equipped lifting, if you want to do it then that's fine, but at least get a base level of strength FIRST

There is a Westside kid who is maybe 22-23, forget his name. He joined Westside at age 15 and did lots of raw work and got brutally strong before they started sticking him in strong equipment. He always finishes the meet on a weight that would be his second attempt for most people as well so he can ALWAYS improve from his last meet. Good example of the correct way to train but for some reason people see strong guys in all their gear and think it's good to train like that from day 1 lol

Yeah he used the equipment and learned it but most of his training was done raw, not in equipment like these kids. "On max effort day he does rack pulls with and without bands, good mornings with a variety of bars, Zercher squats, fronts squats, or Manta Ray squats. When he feels fatigued, he will do only hypers, glute/ham raises, lat work, sled work, and abs."

That's the point I was trying to make there, getting strong raw instead of relying on equipment. I find it interdasting though how speed work is done without a shirt for bench and max effort work shirted and max effort squatting is done raw and speed work in the equipment

Pretty sure they squat both days in briefs at a minimum unless its a deload
Shirt is used 1/6 weeks normally then 1/3 as comp gets closer
If you have the cube method, Lilly outlines an equipped bench cycle that would have been developed at WSB then tweaked when he was at Lexen with Chuck Vogelpohl
Those kids problem is ALL their training is in comp gear lol

Last edited:
Surely they don't do good mornings, front squats, zercher squats and manta ray squats in briefs?
I honestly speculated that it was raw based on exercise selection, I thought that briefs were so that you could keep the correct groove when you squat but I thought that the groove of these exercises would be so different it would be bananas to use briefs

Good mornings they don't, but the others they do (unless its a deload done with a narrow stance)

That article is a bit outdated as well as I've never heard if them using a manta ray of late
Dave Tate has said a few times when he started everything was done raw and they laughed when guys would use let's or briefs, then eventually everyone did

Last edited:
Ah ok
Maybe now because you get so much out of equipment it doesn't make sense to train completely raw. It kinda resembles olympic lifting now imo, much more power based and technique based than strength based

Initially it was probably to do with injury prevention.

Now, even the girls squatting sub-300 will still wear groove briefs at a minimum (the Inzer powerpants seem to be the preferred) most squat sessions

With the new canvas suits (Leviathan I'm looking at you) the general consensus is that box squatting in poly briefs + some accomodating resistance is about as close as you can get to squatting in poly briefs + leviathan without actually doing it (which in some part explains how Simmons can determine what his lifters will squat in comp based on their circa max results which is briefs + suit straps down + a buttload of band)

If you go to the Supertraining YouTube page there is a video of AJ Roberts explaining this (as well as a general poly vs canvas debate)

and here is how you front squat in gear lol
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkU6_005Cqk"]SSbar Front Squat - YouTube[/ame]

No I was trolled by the video not by hammy
Teh burgular is good, full of good info and one of the better members of the forum

no homo