• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
In relation to the OP, what advice do you have for him then bazza?

That chart he posted is inaccurate.

Carbs don't necessarily make you fat and fat can defiantly make you fat if you eat enough.

Even eat enough calories from just protein and you will add fat.

It's as simple as this, processed foods make it easier to get fat than it has ever been in recorded history.

We evolved on pretty basic foods and our bodies are very good at extracting the energy from the bulk that comes with basic foods. Then, because we are smart little fuckers we found ways to wash out the bulk and just keep the good stuff. It makes it easier to keep and to transport and it makes it easier to get fat.

So we all got fat and sick and, because we are smart little fuckers we invented pills to keep ourselves alive.

It's not processed foods that are the exact problem. It's calorie dense foods and the cheapness and availability of food that makes it easy to overeat calories and get fat.

Take nuts for example. Doubt anyone would argue against it being a nice heathy food. I can get a bag of nuts and eat a couple thousand calories easily. Before food was so easily available I would have to find them, shell them and the eat them. Much harder to over eat.

Whether is it processed or not food is much cheaper and easier to get these days that is why we overeat.

The key is not demonising certain food groups but finding ways to not overeat calories.

bazza, do you think there is a difference between the carbs found in something like wizz fizz and an apple?

I have to agree, Goosey.

I'm sorry Bazz but you're spouting some utter rubbish and doing it to antagonise.

A kcal is not simply a kcal and different macros affect health markers differently in individuals.

Lots of solid evidence over the years to show that processed/refined carbs have detrimental impacts on health and obesity.

These things are never black and white though. Lots of factors including the proportion of these foods that make up ones diet and how any given individual responds to them etc.

Taking these infograms and other information out of context usually leads to a sub optimal debate about diet.

bazza, do you think there is a difference between the carbs found in something like wizz fizz and an apple?

The carbs themselves no. They are just sugars and both eventually get broken down to the exact same thing.

The rest of the food there is obviously some difference because they are different foods.

I have to agree, Goosey.

I'm sorry Bazz but you're spouting some utter rubbish and doing it to antagonise.

A kcal is not simply a kcal and different macros affect health markers differently in individuals.

Lots of solid evidence over the years to show that processed/refined carbs have detrimental impacts on health and obesity.

These things are never black and white though. Lots of factors including the proportion of these foods that make up ones diet and how any given individual responds to them etc.

Taking these infograms and other information out of context usually leads to a sub optimal debate about diet.

Please point out the rubbish then.

Bazza's on a percentage with McDonalds

I haven't eaten Maccas for months. I have 150kg of beef in my freezer currently. As well as having my fridge full of eggs, chicken, fruit and veggies.

I would bet I eat more clean type foods every day than the natural eating fanatics banging on here.

I just don't kid myself that sugar, carbs, processed or unnatural food is the cause of disease or what ever other fad is going about currently.

I haven't eaten Maccas for months. I have 150kg of beef in my freezer currently. As well as having my fridge full of eggs, chicken, fruit and veggies.

I would bet I eat more clean type foods every day than the natural eating fanatics banging on here.

I just don't kid myself that sugar, carbs, processed or unnatural food is the cause of disease or what ever other fad is going about currently.

No maccas in months Bazza?
You're a disgrace

baz are you in vic?

It's about an hour and half round trip to the closest Maccas for me.

So you are close to Maccs:p.....for me its over an hour each way, and I had some today:eek:.....as it was my fortnightly shopping trip into town, then again I only had a chocolate frappe.....hate the food at Maccs its vile:rolleyes: