• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 comp?

How about a 12 week comp? this way interest won't diminish over the year and people disappear or even forget esp the non-regulars.

I reckon one year is too long, a shorter time like 3 to 6 months would also keep people interested and motivate them to work harder

I understand where your coming from but I reckon to see massive changes its gotta be 12months, if people don't have the staying power they don't deserve to win.

Bricky, how many of the 50+ entrants in this years comp do you think will post afters?
I bet less than half because interest diminished or their goals changed or they simply forgot.
12 weeks will keep the interest alive. (Hopefully)

I understand where your coming from but I reckon to see massive changes its gotta be 12months, if people don't have the staying power they don't deserve to win.
True Fluff, a year though also gives time for people to slack off and chances are most would be trying their hardest in the last few months of the comp anyway, you can achieve an impressive transformation in 6 months.

True Fluff, a year though also gives time for people to slack off and chances are most would be trying their hardest in the last few months of the comp anyway, you can achieve an impressive transformation in 6 months.

I think at the least it should be 6 months.

3 months. I joined here mid year and missed the entry by months. You could have 4 smaller 12 week comps and one Big One for the best of the year.

Bricky, how many of the 50+ entrants in this years comp do you think will post afters?
I bet less than half because interest diminished or their goals changed or they simply forgot.
12 weeks will keep the interest alive. (Hopefully)

Thats my point, it shouldn't be easy, you might only get 10 after photos but some of those will be impressive. 12 weeks is to short 6 months at a minimum

I agree 6 months would be the minimum, but in a year you should be able to go from podgy loser to swole alpha.

3 months. I joined here mid year and missed the entry by months. You could have 4 smaller 12 week comps and one Big One for the best of the year.

All you will see in 12 weeks is people doing cuts. 6 months at least lets you bulk then cut, so you can put on some mass.

Last edited:
How about ;

Quarterly check in's & voting by the forum members? Making it quarterly, would ensure someone different 'wins' each quarter as we all progress at different rates? Points tallied towards the end of year totals & final judging by whoever the judge or panel of judges are?

Just a thought. I like the idea of quarterly check in's & pics & voting by forum members along the way for 'most progress & change'? It'd keep everyone ; lurkers, readers & posters, those in comp & those not, interested, invested & inspired this time around I would hope?

Just a thought.

Thats my point, it shouldn't be easy, you might only get 10 after photos but some of those will be impressive. 12 weeks is to short 6 months at a minimum

I agree 6 months would be the minimum, but in a year you should be able to go from podgy loser to swole alpha.
Over one year, as previously stated the effort will only be in the last 3 months or so, the rest of the time is wasted.

"I have all year to do this, I'll train half assed for 6-7 months"

Over one year, as previously stated the effort will only be in the last 3 months or so, the rest of the time is wasted.

"I have all year to do this, I'll train half assed for 6-7 months"

You won't win if you panic train for 3 months. Look at this years contenders, all going hard and looking big and lean after a solid year -

Bigjim
Jchen
Player (RIP)

Its not supposed to be the "easy" transformation or the 12 week cut for a prize.

Voted and I think you all know the duration. I've got big plans for the whole of next year, I may not end up as cut as some bit I'll make up for it in the trap dept!

You won't win if you panic train for 3 months. Look at this years contenders, all going hard and looking big and lean after a solid year -

Bigjim
Jchen
Player (RIP)

Its not supposed to be the "easy" transformation or the 12 week cut for a prize.

I didn't realise I was out of contention....

And yes, it should definitely be a 12 month comp.

what about a 12 month comp but with minor prizes for most improved after each 4 month period or something

All you will see in 12 weeks is people doing cuts. 6 months at least lets you bulk then cut, so you can put on some mass.

This.

Or noob gains. True progress for someone who has already been training for a little while takes far more than a couple of months.

I didn't realise I was out of contention....

And yes, it should definitely be a 12 month comp.

Don't take it personally mate, I just think you were in too good a shape to begin with, hard to have a killer 'transformation' when you are rocking what most guys consider their goal physique.