• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is true, and where the comment comes in "Is momentum cheating", well it is, but you also need some sort of upper body strength to finish the lift chin over the bar.
After 20 kips, you'll be puffed and sweaty, but does it make you stronger or fitter to progress to more reps?

Fitter or more conditioned maybe, but they'd be a poor strength developer.

This is true, and where the comment comes in "Is momentum cheating", well it is, but you also need some sort of upper body strength to finish the lift chin over the bar.
After 20 kips, you'll be puffed and sweaty, but does it make you stronger or fitter to progress to more reps?
but the momentum u get for 90% of the movement will help u finish it anyway, if not your not kipping right hahaha, i see it as more of a cardio thing. lots of movement, gets u puffed and sweaty, but no real strength or size gains

Some good points raised.
A kipping pull up assisted with a powerband, has no real value IMO, the band would be doing all the work?

Some good points raised.
A kipping pull up assisted with a powerband, has no real value IMO, the band would be doing all the work?
LOL
the flick is already doing all the work hahahaha a band would make it completely useless, even for grip as it takes your weight lol

Lol kipping pull ups really are useless....fml....
when i do a pull up from a dead hang and ii get to the last one or two, I can't help but Kip to get through it. Trent yells at me.....
might change my user name to "stop kipping"

Will be priceless to see The Hammer Kip.......

pretty much lol.

i havnt really given them much thought... (strict pull ups) maybe rather than focusing on getting your chin up... try to push your chest up to the bar, did this the other night and it felt good lol

I love the feeling of DOMS right across the back the next day after strict pull ups.
Kipping pull ups are just fun, I don't know why I like them

With my upper body strength its useless to Kip, I can pull 6 bw pull ups but can go forever with kipping pull ups.

I love the feeling of DOMS right across the back the next day after strict pull ups.
Kipping pull ups are just fun, I don't know why I like them

With my upper body strength its useless to Kip, I can pull 6 bw pull ups but can go forever with kipping pull ups.
if you can do 1 pull up, or half a pull up, it will do you better than 10 kipping pull ups hahahaha

and if you cant do one.... do negatives lol

new forum rule. if you kip, you get banned (permanent or until insanity is cured)

After Hammer kips..... then we will bring it in, done, dusted, add Kip/kipping to the banned words list so members can't even post the word.....

After Hammer kips..... then we will bring it in, done, dusted, add Kip/kipping to the banned words list so members can't even post the word.....
LOL i just did a set of ******* pull ups :D

oi shrek, any chance of letting me back into my sig?

Grrrr on topic, can't you fellas PM?
Brb, finding more arguments FOR ******* pull ups
impossibru.jpg