• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
****Spoiler alerts for UFC 174****

Arlovski vs Shaub:
Really tough split decision, the first 2 rounds were pretty boring and looked to go 1 a piece, the 3rd round was all Schaub. Then Arlovski gets the decision. God knows what happened there??

Bader vs Feijao:
I thought Bader looked very good against Feijao?? Pretty well controlled the fight beginning to end. Delivered knee after knee and took him down basically at will for the first 2 rounds. Easy decision.

McDonald vs Woodley:
McDonald came out very aggressive, took the centre of the octagon and kept it throughout the whole fight. Had Woodley on the outside virtually for the whole 3 rounds and just picked him apart. McDonald looked really good.

Johnson vs Bagautinov:
DJ made it look all to easy. Was just to quick and absolutely dominated with the clinch. Looked to be going for the KO in the last round or two. Again - very easy decision.

Last edited:
Arlovski vs Shaub:
Really tough split decision, the first 2 rounds were pretty boring and looked to go 1 a piece, the 3rd round was all Schaub. Then Arlovski gets the decision. God knows what happened there??

Watching it live I scored the first 2 rounds for Arlovski ("Octagon control" - neither guy did anything else) and was surprised there was any controversy about the decision. Shitty fight tho, would rather watch paint dry.

McDonald looked amazing, his hand speed is exceptional for a WW and that jab is so long. Was glad to see he was actually trying to hurt Woodley rather than coasting to an easy decision.

The knees DJ landed in the clinch on the russian heavy bag were painful to watch after a while.

Last edited:
Yeah in the post fight show Dana White said the only person who lost that fight was the fans and that putting that on the main card was a mistake and that it should have been on the prelims....

fedor.gif

Arlovski looked like hes gained some trt thickness, dont remember him ever being that big

Warning spoiler:

Without watching it again I wouldn't have given the fight to hall. He copped the most damage. Didn't really land anything of significance and basically just did a lot of shadow boxing.

Warning spoiler:

Without watching it again I wouldn't have given the fight to hall. He copped the most damage. Didn't really land anything of significance and basically just did a lot of shadow boxing.

I gave it to hall, he controlled the cage better, seemed more aggressive and finished the rounds strongest, rousey is awesome in her own league, and weidman fight was great, another round would of been interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched the undercard yet but I thought the same about hall and you wouldn't have thought he did it all with a broken toe....

The rousey fight, all 16 seconds of it was crazy. Davis was almost out on her feet. It was nice to see her win by KO.

Weidman looked good in the first 3 rounds but in the last 2 he looked in danger a few times.. I think if he came up against someone more aggressive like Belfort for example he could find himself in some trouble...
I don't know if he is going to be as dominant of a champion as he believes he is.

I haven't watched the undercard yet but I thought the same about hall and you wouldn't have thought he did it all with a broken toe....

The rousey fight, all 16 seconds of it was crazy. Davis was almost out on her feet. It was nice to see her win by KO.

Weidman looked good in the first 3 rounds but in the last 2 he looked in danger a few times.. I think if he came up against someone more aggressive like Belfort for example he could find himself in some trouble...
I don't know if he is going to be as dominant of a champion as he believes he is.

I dunno, he seemed to handle machida better than jones did in the early rounds, I think he was a bit tense in the first few rounds trying to get off the first shots and machida was a lot more relaxed, the more he wins the more relaxed he will become, vitor is no cardio bunny, I think we will get a machida 2

I gave it to hall, he controlled the cage better, seemed more aggressive and finished the rounds strongest, rousey is awesome in her own league, and weidman fight was great, another round would of been interesting

Watched it again and I changed my mind. I would give it to hall but he is not very Impressive.

Rousey. What can you say. Have her fight a bloke for a challenge. If I have to read more comments from dickheads on mma articles saying that she is avoiding cyborg I'll lose it. They are not the same weight class or the same company how is she avoiding her. I think ronda will destroy her now anyway.

Wiedman picked apart machida for the first 3. Wiedman was in trouble in the forth but machida couldn't fishing him.

Watched it again and I changed my mind. I would give it to hall but he is not very Impressive.

Rousey. What can you say. Have her fight a bloke for a challenge. If I have to read more comments from dickheads on mma articles saying that she is avoiding cyborg I'll lose it. They are not the same weight class or the same company how is she avoiding her. I think ronda will destroy her now anyway.

Wiedman picked apart machida for the first 3. Wiedman was in trouble in the forth but machida couldn't fishing him.

I'm impressed hall fought 2.5 round with a bone hanging out of his toe, in all honestly I think rousey would get cyborg to the ground and sub her, cyborg is awesome on her feet but she rushes in to much leaving herself open for takedowns, people don't give Ronda enough credit, I think weidmans game plan was to win the first 3 rounds and then survive, he fought like it was a 3 rounder being very active,

I'm impressed hall fought 2.5 round with a bone hanging out of his toe, in all honestly I think rousey would get cyborg to the ground and sub her, cyborg is awesome on her feet but she rushes in to much leaving herself open for takedowns, people don't give Ronda enough credit, I think weidmans game plan was to win the first 3 rounds and then survive, he fought like it was a 3 rounder being very active,

In my opinion the injury looked impressive but as far as injuries fighters receive during fights it's hardly a massive deal. Broken hands would be worse. Hell getting punched in the face is worse.

Edgar vs Penn 3 today, I hate this match for BJ's return fight, I just see no way of him winning, they should of built him back up, he is a huge draw card

Thanks. Forgot about that. Yeah sadly I don't see it going well for BJ.

Chad Mendes gets a board walk to the title, BJ gets a top 5 for his first FW fight coming off a giant break and a losing streak,