• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I just use the powerbands for dips on rings but if your elbows want to go sideways maybe build your strength on a rigid structure like parallel bars, dips on rings is hard!
I love rings for inverted rows and pull ups!

Tie the rings together (but still separated obviously lol) for a while Rambo.

That way they will still be unstable but no risk of you falling flat on your face. A resistance band would be better than rope as it has a little give but either or

Yeh that's what I ended up doing Hambs, it helps a bit, but the rope kinda gets in the way, so I still wanna make a dip station. I been doing static holds to build my strength so my hands don't go out.

Finally got these home yesterday for my home gym, over 200kg of Samson weight plates, all they need is a bit of a clean up, I will be using them in my out door gym for now, till I get a chance to clean and paint them:)

I love these old school plates, they look so hard core even if you train like a pussie:p

IMG_0506.jpg

Gumtree of all places.

Yes I have plenty now, probably more than I needed but this was a job lot for $350, also came with some other brand plates, some dumbbell handles and 4 barbell bars and collars.

Will sort it out and probably resell some of it later next year once I work out what I need, so can't really go wrong...:)

My "Man Cave"

Muscle motion commercial rack + dip attachment
295kg mixed oly plates
ABC power bar
65kg waterfilled keg (table)
butchered cable gym to make hi low pulley machine.
china ez and tricep bar
TORO 10mm lever belt
china dip belt
big ass chalk bucket

1902d1325991642-show-us-your-home-gym-img_0228-2-.jpg

Last edited:
I just got this setup on friday:

gym2j.jpg

gym1a.jpg

All from Gym Direct:

Muscle Motion Rack
Thrust Bearing BB
Commercial Bench
250kg Rubber Coated Plates
Dip Attachment
Rubber flooring

Sick. As. Fuark.

Hey BigJim, how do you find that bench mate, I was interested to see what others thought of it........is it bomb proof mate? I want something solid that will see the test of time.

Hey BigJim, how do you find that bench mate, I was interested to see what others thought of it........is it bomb proof mate? I want something solid that will see the test of time.

Will report back tonight big fella.

I havent actually used it yet but i will give it a good go tonight with some heavy (ish) bench.

Awsome Grippy, I like your bench mate, what kind is it?

The more I look at those racks, the more I wish I got one instead of squat stands, now that the missus trains at home, her side of the car shed is not as important as before LOL, and I probably could of got away with a rack dammit!.....The rules were as long as I could move my shit in the event of a storm etc for her car, but I don't think she cares anymore.

This is the bench here:

Commercial Flat Bench with wheels

I used it last night and did some bench press. 105kg for sets of 5 and it felt VERY solid. Didnt wobble or anything at all and it is very nice and wide.

I was having trouble with my lats falling off the bench because of the bench width at Worlds Gym. I didnt have any problems at all last night.

In short: The bench is sick as fuark :D

P.S. The handle and wheels makes it heaps easy to move around as well :p

This is the bench here:

Commercial Flat Bench with wheels

I used it last night and did some bench press. 105kg for sets of 5 and it felt VERY solid. Didnt wobble or anything at all and it is very nice and wide.

I was having trouble with my lats falling off the bench because of the bench width at Worlds Gym. I didnt have any problems at all last night.

In short: The bench is sick as fuark :D

P.S. The handle and wheels makes it heaps easy to move around as well :p

Well that's as good a wrap as I needed, that is the exact bench I had my eye on so thanks for the feed back BigJim.