• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I wish man. Terrance is a fucking top guy.
He trains somewhere between Capalaba and goldy with Wayne (?).

He is a chiro in Capalaba I believe.

I wish man. Terrance is a fucking top guy.
He trains somewhere between Capalaba and goldy with Wayne (?).

He is a chiro in Capalaba I believe.

ahh ok. I asked because i use to train at the same gym as him, and questioned him about powerlifting. He always made me go heavier than i wanted haha. Good guy for sure.

Last edited:
2.5 weeks out from GPC states, the Sheiko team had their skills test day.
Keep in mind they are entering this lifting session very fatigued, and they numbers should all rise once they fully recover by GPC states on March 31st.
Rickys lifting was very impressive with a 30kg squat PB, 10kg bench PB, and 20kg deadlift PB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhRrLZ9jiZ4]PTC Brisbane - Sheiko skills test for GPC state titles - YouTube[/ame]

I have the keys for the new premises, we will be moving on Thursday morning.*

Due to the lack of treadmills and elliptical bikes, we will be open at 3pm, same as usual.*

The new address is 352 Melton rd, Northgate.*

Man, that 17r old kid is STRONG as hell for his age.

Just looked up the new address Scotty,

Will come out very soon once I can do something (wrist still needs work). It is very close to CBD.

It's been a very long day, but everything is finally shifted and set up at our new premises; 352 Melton Rd, Northgate.

A huge thanks to Loz, Dan, Alex O and Stephen for helping me shift all the gear. It took 6 hours to shift everything, and a further 2 to get 90% set up.

We had Alex Z, Steve, Damo and Michelle do some serious lifting, a few others popped in and just did bits and pieces.

The new place is looking good, but want to finish adding the last few bits of equpment to the shed before I put up some pics.

In the coming days we will be adding
A mono lift
9m2 competition platform
Another 2.4x2.4 Olympic lifting platform
Dedicated 2.5x5m carpeted or matted KB complex area
As well as building some walls in our office for change rooms ect, and one in the gym to separate the warm up room from the competition.

Then by months end should have added all of Marc's strongman gear
Yoke
Farmers Handles + attachemnets to make frame
Iron Mind Sandbag
8 kegs
Stones starting at 152kg - 194kg (will have to make some lighter ones)
Log*
Axle
Will try and buy a monster dumbel that is currently not in use. It weighs 82kg loaded with sand, has 2 1/2 handle.*
Maybe car deadlift frame

Still to be added over the next 6-12 months
DB to 60kg in 5kg jumps.
2 more flat benches
Adjustable incline bench
Texas squat bar
Another weightlifting bar
Few more power bars
Another bumper toaster with 150kg bumpers
And more rubber weight.

Once that's all done and dusted, I'll be a VERY happy man.

Did u plan everything ahead and are u Gonna wing the small odd pieces of gear?

Seems like u gotta be an interior designer to build a gym sometimes LOL..

Did u plan everything ahead and are u Gonna wing the small odd pieces of gear?

Seems like u gotta be an interior designer to build a gym sometimes LOL..

I'm a joiner by trade Trent.

I know how to make shit work ;)

Pop in anytime Liam.

Moved most of the stuff into the new place.....

Still waiting on platforms for the stones, more stones, more kegs.
Next bit of equipment is a Texas squat bar, new kitchen, build changerooms in the office........... That will do us for a while I think.

[youtube][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_01JXQ1IvA]The new PTC Brisbane - 352 Melton rd, Northgate. - YouTube[/ame][/youtube]

Been pretty busy with the move/comp/new lifters to update this as much as I'd like.

As most know, we dont shut on holidays. Squat day is always squat day.

The gym was packed on good friday, and again on monday, it was great to see.

Moving 5mins out of the city was the best thing we could have done for the gym. We have almost tripled out space, and are picking up new lifters every week.

Add to that we now own QLD's only monolift, things are going well.

Ill try and update this more regularly from now on.

I'm curious, does this actually bring members in the door? Do people seek them out?

I didn't purchase the monolift to get members in the door, I purchased it to build the best gym in QLD.
People that come through the door care about proximity/equipment/atmosphere/current members.

You'd be daft to think buying a single peice of equipment will attract many new members. Out of the whole of brisbane I could count on one hand the people that NEEED a mono. Even if they all joined, their memberships wouldn't cover the cost.

I didn't purchase the monolift to get members in the door, I purchased it to build the best gym in QLD.
People that come through the door care about proximity/equipment/atmosphere/current members.

You'd be daft to think buying a single peice of equipment will attract many new members. Out of the whole of brisbane I could count on one hand the people that NEEED a mono. Even if they all joined, their memberships wouldn't cover the cost.

Sorry thats just the way I read it when combined with the line before it about picking up new lifters.