• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 Calculator

NPR

I was cruising the net and came across this top calculator for Wendler's 531 program. It maps every rep including your chosen assistance exercises and also provides a suggested warmup.

blackironbeast.com :: 5/3/1 Calculator

If you're too much of a tightarse to buy the e-book there is also a link on the page where you can get pretty much all the info you need to run the program.

There is also this spreadsheet available but it is does not have the accessory work included.

http://n3.nabble.com/file/n34024/8615840-Jim-Wendler-531-Logbook-Calculator.xls

Last edited:
I didn't buy the ebook. Most of it can be found free on the internet anyway. And i prefer to sit there with my calculator and work out my sets anyway haha

there is also a spreadsheet for his 531 template.
as per his instructions, you enter your current 90% of 1rm for the lifts at the top and it completes the 12 weeks (I think) sheet for you.

actually I think the spreadsheet was part of his E book.. can't remember now.

I have few excel calculators or 5/3/1, I'll post them when I get home. One includes graphs to see your progress.

I've included the spreadsheet link. I'm not a massive fan of it.

I like how the other link works out all your accessory work for you.

5. Crank some Black Sabbath. Do not underestimate the importance of this step.
Great links.

Is it just me or does the pyramid down option seem way too heavy compared to the sets across options (in that it seems like your average for the pyramid is above 60%)?

For example it gives my deadlift as
10 × 142.5 10 × 142.5 10 × 123.5 10 × 110 10 × 110

When sets across at 60% is only 5x10x115

EDIT: If you save the webpage to your desktop you can edit the percentages it uses to whatever you like.

Last edited: