• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass Gain Workout Split

Four kilos in a month is steroid gains??? I made 6.6kg including fat in 10 weeks. Did you take a shit that month?
Posted via Mobile Device

I lost 14 kgs in 6 mths, pretty much all fat, did weights during this time, got a bit of muscle, and then went straight on to a bulk phase. I put on 10 kg in first 3mths.

I find it relatively easy to go up and down.

Four kilos in a month is steroid gains??? I made 6.6kg including fat in 10 weeks. Did you take a shit that month?
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha no steroids or constipation. It is possible, I probably gained fat but not much. I basically ate a sh*tload of sweet potato and other roast. vege, the more I ate the bigger my appetite got (I have a fast metabolism). Eventually it trains your metabolism so you can eat more and therefore weigh more.

Simple stuff really =)

Last edited:
Let's juast cool it.

JJ, I said surplus calories not calories from junk food.
Surplus calories can be from extra protein, fats or carbs. This is required to gain muscle.

Please do not insult other members. If you feel hard done by report the post (s) to a Mod.

Cheers.

Thanks Shrek, but I do have a problem with that actually.

He came across pretty bluntly stating something that he had no idea about so I said he "sounded like a kn*b". I didn't say he was one.....I said he sounded like one based on what he said. There's a key difference there...

Last edited:
Try your split for at least SIX MONTHS with a controlled diet and report back. If you give up at any stage before the six month target, the experiment isn't valid.

First things first - get your diet right. Employ the strategy of progressive overload, work on your flexibility and mobility and have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a good point. But I said he sounds like a ****, which means he sounds like it but might not be. Whereas others said I was something, meaning that what they are suggesting about me is a fact...

Sorry guys, thats the last argumentative post I'll write :) Now back on topic!

Try your split for at least SIX MONTHS with a controlled diet and report back. If you give up at any stage before the six month target, the experiment isn't valid.

First things first - get your diet right. Employ the strategy of progressive overload, work on your flexibility and mobility and have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to be "mass gaining" for 3 months. After that I'll asses how it's going, but will probably keep my routine split. Then after those 3 months I'll stop the bulking and zone in on athletic performance.

Three months isn't long enough. You'll achieve almost no decent size gains in 90 days. If you were to gain 5kg in that time for example a lot of that could (read would be fluid, waste and fat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Three months isn't long enough. You'll achieve almost no decent size gains in 90 days. If you were to gain 5kg in that time for example a lot of that could (read would be fluid, waste and fat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha dude I disagree strongly, to me it's all about attitude and I reckon I can gain plenty. I will be logging my progress, so we will see how I go. Also I am not a bodybuilder I am an athlete, sport is my profession really. My main goal is to be fit, fast and healthy.

But if I was a BB I would take your approach and go 6 months.

Haha dude I disagree strongly, to me it's all about attitude and I reckon I can gain plenty. I will be logging my progress, so we will see how I go. Also I am not a bodybuilder I am an athlete, sport is my profession really. My main goal is to be fit, fast and healthy.

But if I was a BB I would take your approach and go 6 months.

Alright. how body mass including bone, skin, fluid muscle can you grow in three months without gear? Even if you were to do 3kg it'd be extremely unlikely to be muscle mass. But hey, proove us wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

Reading this thread has made my realize my scales must be broken, 1 month ago I went from 95kg to 98.5kg in one week. Time to buy some new ones I think.

Reading this thread has made my realize my scales must be broken, 1 month ago I went from 95kg to 98.5kg in one week. Time to buy some new ones I think.

Mine are wrong to. I've gained about 5kg in the last year. Either our scales suck or we do. There is the possibility that JJ is superhuman, I haven't got the lab results or questionnaire back yet......or the clipboard. Damn kids.....
Posted via Mobile Device