• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass Gain Workout Split

LOL. Okay so now I know what broscience is.

All's I was after was advice on my workout split, which I don't think is too glossy or fancy.

Ohh yeah just checked Nick's progress picture things, they are page 41 of members pics I think. His results are great and I think the only thing that separates him from other people is maybe discipline, genetics may also play a part but you're weak if use that as an excuse for why you can't do a similar transformation. But as great as Nick's results are I'm not going to cop **** from him being disrespectful. When trying to give someone advice I urge others to try and word it like Fadi would as he always gets it right even if he doesn't agree with you.

JJ, if you decide to come back, have a look at this training method. It's the Shotgun method. it gives you the best of both worlds. Compounds one day where you concentrate on mass building and isolations the next day where you concentrate on symmetry. I have used it and really enjoy it. I just started using it again.
T NATION | Shotgun Method

JJ, if you decide to come back, have a look at this training method. It's the Shotgun method. it gives you the best of both worlds. Compounds one day where you concentrate on mass building and isolations the next day where you concentrate on symmetry. I have used it and really enjoy it. I just started using it again.
T NATION | Shotgun Method

Thanks shrek I'll check that out.

Alrighty people I am at your disposal!! I will go for 3 day, full body workouts (compound lifts)

First of all the workout; choices are squats, deadlift, stiff legged dl, lunges, bp, push ups, bent over rows, wide grip pull ups, mp, dips, cgpu's

Can someone please help me organise this jumble into sets / reps

Give PTC Beginner program a shot, it would probably have enough volume for you. Or if you would like a little less volume try Starting Strength.

Give PTC Beginner program a shot, it would probably have enough volume for you. Or if you would like a little less volume try Starting Strength.

Yeah that's what I was looking for, but I want to include dips as well. Also would it be better to keep reps around the 5 range?

Grab a crayon and a stamp. Turn the stamp over, and on the back, write everything you know about training.

Junk, you havent even started the program and your wanting to change things. Before I go any further, I need to ask, do you have disabilities we should know about, I dont want to continue only to find out you have learning disabilities or something more severe.

I'm dead serious.

Grab a crayon and a stamp. Turn the stamp over, and on the back, write everything you know about training.

Junk, you havent even started the program and your wanting to change things. Before I go any further, I need to ask, do you have disabilities we should know about, I dont want to continue only to find out you have learning disabilities or something more severe.

I'm dead serious.

Best comment in a long time
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm dead serious.

I am changing it by adding dips.....that's a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's what I was looking for, but I want to include dips as well. Also would it be better to keep reps around the 5 range?

Stay on the program for 3 months, how it is written, and reap the rewards. You wont be the first person to do it.

Less talk more lifting imo.

No.

Please post the results of Nick's lab testing which demonstrate this Get Fcking Big And Strong Gene.

There exists no test for good or bad "genetics" for strength and size. Thus, when we say "it's genetics", what we're really saying is "I dunno, maybe magic or something." If we don't know, we should just go ahead and say, "I don't know."

So if we took 10 people who weighed 70kg all at 187cm and put them on the same diet and workout program we would have the EXACT same results? Or would some of their bodies adapt to training better? Would some of there bodies have better testosterone levels? Would some of these people have better recovery? Would some of these people respond better to their diet then others? Its all genetics isn't it?

I never said there was a "strong gene" I said he was a genetic freak in the way he packed on his muscle in the time he did without gear. I honestly don't think everyone could get those results from that time, hell I've used gear and I still look at his results as excellent...

Another thing Kyle if people don't know, is it reasonable someone puts a possible answer out there in the hope of constructive criticism? I think that's what a forum is all about and whether it cater for broscience or the ptc method everyone is entitled to their opinion. Other then Fadi's kind hand everything I learnt was through brutal criticism.. Had I sat back and not asked stupid questions or said stupid things I wouldn't have learnt what I learnt. All that said i don't think what I said was stupid and it was quiet valid.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think Nick is a genetic freak what I do think he has that others may not have as much of is very good discipline, a very good work ethic and a good coach. He worked his ass off under good instruction. Most of us don't have that. Ask power sports about some of the guys in his gym who have been there from their start for two years. I bet the dedicated ones have similar progress albeit maybe different goals.
Posted via Mobile Device

So if we took 10 people who weighed 70kg all at 187cm and put them on the same diet and workout program we would have the EXACT same results? Or would some of their bodies adapt to training better? Would some of there bodies have better testosterone levels? Would some of these people have better recovery? Would some of these people respond better to their diet then others? Its all genetics isn't it?

I never said there was a "strong gene" I said he was a genetic freak in the way he packed on his muscle in the time he did without gear. I honestly don't think everyone could get those results from that time, hell I've used gear and I still look at his results as excellent...

You'll never know because you look for the magical solution.

I cant believe you think Nick is a genetic freak lol

He busts his ass every time he enters the gym, his results are typical of someone who trains hard and eats consistently.

Max has gained 30kg in 30 months, is he a genetic freak lol, far from it

If you think Nick is a genetic freak, what about the guys that beat him at PTC comps and CAPO comps? Heres something you might not know, Nick has never won a lifting comp at PTC or CAPO, still think he is a freak, what about the guys that beat him?

Nick has no PL records at CAPO and only has one at PTC, jerk from rack. He doest make the Top 10 benches at PTC, a garage gym FFS.

Trust me, Nick is no genetic freak, what he is is a Workload freak.

He trains as hard as anyone I've met, every session.

A genetic freak wins comps and gets massive and accomplishes this with half ass efforts.

Anyone that lifts at PTC will know what I'm talking about, most people dont know what hard training is unfortunately.

There is no short cut to any place worthwhile

Facts about Nick that most dont know

He travels 45 minutes to lift in a garage, at night on a motorbike, in winter.

He lifts every Saturday for over 2 hours

He brings food with him so as he can eat instantly

Never forgets his protein shake and drinks BEFORE his session is over

Never avoids doing squats and deads, even when injured he trains his PC in some way

He spends all day going over his training and nutrition, looking for ways to improve

Is never satisfied with form, always tinkering

Has bought over 6 lifters to PTC (I owe him big time for Tim)

While most lift for an hour, Nick does 30-45 minutes of "finishers" AFTER his sessions

Never misses a meal

Was weak after 18 months of lifting in a YMCA

Total trust in someones system he traveled for 45 minutes to train with

Never argued with his coach about training

Never quit a hard set....ever

Curls in my power rack

Another thing Kyle if people don't know, is it reasonable someone puts a possible answer out there in the hope of constructive criticism? I think that's what a forum is all about and whether it cater for broscience or the ptc method everyone is entitled to their opinion. Other then Fadi's kind hand everything I learnt was through brutal criticism.. Had I sat back and not asked stupid questions or said stupid things I wouldn't have learnt what I learnt. All that said i don't think what I said was stupid and it was quiet valid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gauche,

Your answer above has prompted me to come up with this: http://ausbb.com/general-topic/12683-genetics-effort.html#post125730

Fadi.

The old nature / nurture question. A great work ethic does wonders. I believe in the genetic advantaged. Is nick one? O dunno. I Donny need to know right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Fadi. I was researching last night and I found articles saying 2.5kg a year is good gains in muscle unless your the lucky few that can put on up to 5kg (excluding beginner gains). In a way I think genetics can have allot to do with your attitude as well because some people aren't born with the smarts to understand empathy or to understand long division etc No matter how much you try to teach some people they won't learn whether it be a learning disability or arrogance.

I DO believe Nick works his arse off! I DO believe PTC is the best environment to succeed in thus country. I DO believe he had the right advice from day one and made sure he used it. I do also that he has good T levels and his body adapts well to the load he puts on it. Whether it be genetics or not I believe it is fair to be debated and not simply cast aside for Kyle to sum it all up in his expertise.

One of the ausbb experts wrote on this forum once that different people have different recovery times. I myself now struggle to do a five day split and never did two years ago. Having said that I've since learnt the value of compounds and moved forward but I see people everywhere doing a five day split. They don't eat as much as me, they don't dot their i's and cross their t's in their diet, they don't research how to get optimal results, they do take muscletech products, they do drink on the weekend, they do miss sessions because they have a "it's only legs day attitude"...

All that said how cone they can have better results then me? Well personally with me it's my low T and I prooved that recently with my cycle I did. Now I'm not 100% what causes the low T in my body and I won't just say genetics as it could be many things but it does leave doubt in my mind that until I see the proof I'll at least acknowledge the possibility that maybe genetics play a part in it.

Fadi your an inspiring writer and I love the fact I can't bring up a subject without you having an article already written to cover it :D
Posted via Mobile Device