• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thoughts?

Cut the straps now or you will forever have a grip problem, just keep lifting heavier and heavier and you will be fine. Also I doubt you can only pull 100kg, try for a proper max one day you will probably find you can do 150kg.

Agree with dave.
When i first started deadlifting, i lifted about 60kg. I thought it was tough at first... boy was i wrong.

Markos jumped in on my diary and said wtf am i doing, put some fkn weight plates on that bar!!

9 months on, i start my warmup lifts at 100kg, my max weight for a few reps is currently 170kg, aiming for 200kg end of year.

I dont' see myself as strong, but i would bet a lot that you aren't pushing yourself the way you 'could' be.

If you want big forearms you can't think straps are gonna help. Instead of spending time doing forearm extensions or other junk just hold the weight yourself.

Weak grip yes, but not small forearms, I have a weak-ish grip but my forearms are 15.5" lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the thinnest wrists in the world (proven fact), my grip is fine. :p

Last edited:
Shrek's wrists didn't prove to be a problem when he was damaging that girl in the other thread

well you guys were kind of right. I tried 2 sets of 120kg (inc bar) got 6 reps, then tried 140kg and got 3

dont want to say we told you so. keep lifting at that intensity level and increase weights constantly. Aplly the heavier lifting to all your lifts not just deadlifting.

;)

yeah I will be focusing on lifting heavier in the next few sessions and see how I go. I guess something like deadlifts are a lot easier to try heavier weight, if its too much I can just drop it. If I've got too much weight on the bench though... different story :/

Make sure you check out how to do correct form on dl, you don't want to stuff your back.....no fun.

had that happen tonight while benching....sometimes you just have a bad night...from time to time things just dont work but if you consistently up your weight and push yourself with no excuses then you will succeed. as dkd said check form on all lifts. also are you squatting??

i think my form is pretty good.

I was squatting 120kg, 3 times a week and started to feel it... I backed off for a couple of months and just doing 100kg to get the feel for it again.

I was doing a fullbody workout for the last 3-4 months. I've just gone back to a 2day split as of last week, so I wont be squatting 3 times a week anymore.

squat 3 days a week with no exceptions!!! this is where you will grow.....do you think big nick got so big by curling?? ask anyone on this forum if you should squat regularly and see what they say.

isnt squatting 3 times a week going to be "overtraining"? This is what I was doing for quite a while but I think it took its toll after a few months

Depends on your CNS load,

See without me giving you shit you would sitll be dealdifting 80kg you have already improved drasticly!

Keep it up...

Dont forget to eat and sleep...

If you eat well and enough then no its not too much! if you enjoy your food, your not eating enough!!