• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thoughts?

djblurr

Hi,

I've been bulking for a few years now, I'm sitting at about 93-94kg. I was hoping to bulk all the way and then just cut when I was happy with size, but unfortunately the increasing belly size I've had to re-think it through. Ideally I'd like to be 100kg with < 10% body fat (I'm 6"2). I think I'm sitting around 20-22% fat at the moment though.

Having said that I dont really want to go and shred 10kgs right now and lose a lot of size. I know the debates will go forever on bulk/cutting phases, but I just wanted to get some opinions as to whether it makes sense to try alternating between bulking/cutting 1 month on/off? I'm not doing any cardio at all at the moment because I don't want to interrupt any growth. I guess the idea would be to do a lot of cardio and cut back on calories (while still doing weight sessions) for a month, and then stopping the cardio completely the next month and increase calorie intake.

Let me know what you guys think, I just dont want to get myself stuck in a cycle that leads me to no benefits.

Cheers

Depends on your age and current lifts.

But adding things like thrusters on off days will help with circulation of nutrients and promote growth. The short nature of the exercise will not be catabolic and ruin hopes of muscle gain it will actually help it along.

Some guys do the 4 week bulk 2 week cut which seems to work well. Utilising the effect of hormones during cutting/bulking and quickly transitioning into another.

Depends on your age and current lifts.

But adding things like thrusters on off days will help with circulation of nutrients and promote growth. The short nature of the exercise will not be catabolic and ruin hopes of muscle gain it will actually help it along.

I'm 23, deadlifting 80kg with straps, 35kg dumbbells on flat bench, shoulders 25kg dumbbells.

Are thrusters the squat/shoulder press exercise? Would I be doing these with light weight (low intense high reps)? Doing these in a "bulking" phase is still going to counteract isnt it??

lol must have a pretty buff girlfriend.

It's not a typo, that is about 8 reps. I've never tried a max 1rep..

Well i wont give you shit, you obviously train like a uleh and have seen the light and well at least you are doing deadlifts..

Post your program here for critique. Cutting is the last thing you need to be thinking about.

um what? I'm not sure if you are trying to be offensive or not, if so, good on you. Didnt ask for a critique of my current workout. I just wanted some information from some people who have alternated regularly between bulking and cutting.

If you are training to look good and you have a gut, then you have answered your own question. Time to cut!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No i wasnt trying to be offensive you would know if i was.

I was being serious if your deadlfit is 80kg regardless of weight or time training cutting is the furthest thing that needs to be from your mind.

No i wasnt trying to be offensive you would know if i was.

I was being serious if your deadlfit is 80kg regardless of weight or time training cutting is the furthest thing that needs to be from your mind.

maybe if strength was your #1 goal....

Lets face facts. 80kg deadlift is what women do..

Im fairly sure Ronnie coleman deadlfits more then 80kg and he trains for looks.

Its upto you. If you think strength and muscles dont go together then you couldnt be more wrong.

80kg for a few reps shows the lack of muscle mass you have. If you had really awsome size then strength would also go with that size.

Ive never seen a woman deadlifting 80kg in any of the gyms ive gone to before. I'm more than happy with my strength/muscle gains over the past few years. The "facts" are, I've put on more fat than I want, and I was asking for advice on cutting cycles. Having a dig at what I deadlift is just wasting my time

How is it?

Im serious.

If
you
deadlfit
80kg
after
years
of
training
then
you
are
doing
something
wrong.

No offence mate but i cant say it any more bloody simple then that.

And the fact you want to cut when you have not even reached begginer strength levels shows that you have not done any reading and only listen to brosim at the gym of guys who trian forearms 4 times a day before situps.

Now this is not wasting your time.

If i see someone putting stickers and an electronic supercharger on a hynundai excel so they can win le mans im going to tell them that they are doing something wrong.

They might not like the advice offered but it doesnt change that the advice is warrented.

Nothing positive will come from your mates tleling you how hectic you look.

Only positive change will come from challenging what you already know you cant see that now but me calling you out and then realising is probably the best thing that can happen to you.

lol ok mate. I don't think my deadlifts are out of proportion compared to my other lifts.

Also didn't realise I had to workout my max 1 rep weight to get approval from you to cut.

lol ok mate. I don't think my deadlifts are out of proportion compared to my other lifts.

Also didn't realise I had to workout my max 1 rep weight to get approval from you to cut.

Where's markos lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I've got no answers (as usual) but I think both Morgan and noobs comments are interesting. I mean it's quite simple as Morgan said, if you don't like what you see in the mirror, try and lose the fat.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you djblurr, with my bulking efforts in recent months seeing a fair bit of fat being added. I'm really in two minds about when, or even if, I should start cutting. Sometimes I think I should just treat this summer as a write-off, forget about the beach body, stick with the belly and focus on eating big and increasing the weights. When you look at it in that perspective then yes noobs comments make plenty of sense. If you take that approach then you really need to try and up your deadlift weights, and other lifts too.

Thankyou DKD :)

DJ, what noobs is suggesting, and this is a common consensus on this forum is to learn to walk before you run.

The advice being offered to you is to work on compound movements until your at an intermediate or advanced strength level then think about split days etc.

If you want to cut, cut. Simple as that. But we are suggesting if you want to look good you need some strength behind it. Cutting will make getting stronger easier though.

Follow a 2 week cut then 4 week bulk if you want to minimize fat gain. Plenty of natural pro's i.e layne norton follow this style before cutting down for a comp.

Good luck