• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thoughts?

He wants to loose weight

Muscle = metabolic function = burning calories

More muscle = more burning calories thus cutting becomes actually something possible to do.

With no muscle what are you going cut? What will power your metabolism. I find it hard to believe you are a unit with your current lifts.

And you state that they are In line with your other lifts so there fore something is t right.

You also said you have been training for years? Yet done have the muscle to show it.

I am only trying to offer positive life changing advice.

People with 20 x 7 +50 wheels on s15's think that they are the bees knees. It's not until they see the light that they realize how retarded they looked.

I'm on an iPhone so it's hard to write long replies.

Posted via Mobile Device

No problem Gareer, jesus she has the best parking spot I have EVER seen in my life, lol.

That 2 week cut, 4 week bulk thing is interesting, haven't heard of that. How much can you really achieve, fat-loss wise, from just 2 weeks of cutting though?

No problem Gareer, jesus she has the best parking spot I have EVER seen in my life, lol.

That 2 week cut, 4 week bulk thing is interesting, haven't heard of that. How much can you really achieve, fat-loss wise, from just 2 weeks of cutting though?

yeah I'm interested in this too?

He wants to loose weight

Muscle = metabolic function = burning calories

More muscle = more burning calories thus cutting becomes actually something possible to do.

With no muscle what are you going cut? What will power your metabolism. I find it hard to believe you are a unit with your current lifts.

And you state that they are In line with your other lifts so there fore something is t right.

You also said you have been training for years? Yet done have the muscle to show it.

I am only trying to offer positive life changing advice.

People with 20 x 7 +50 wheels on s15's think that they are the bees knees. It's not until they see the light that they realize how retarded they looked.

I'm on an iPhone so it's hard to write long replies.

Posted via Mobile Device

was a skinny bastard when i was younger, I've put on about 25kg~ since I started working out.

I was making the point that my strength is in proportion, so it's kinda pointless telling me I shouldnt cut until I've reached a certain strength limit. Having increased my strength (whether it is a lot compared to you or not), I've put on fat from bulking. I think it makes more sense cutting when I've reached a certain fat level rather than a strength level.

You can do what you want but your trying to burn through a tank of fuel as fast as you can with a 0.9L 3 cyl motor

When a supercharged v12 does a lot better job of that
Posted via Mobile Device

n00bs, just ease up on the fells.

Maybe strength is not his goal, but I will admit 80kg after 8 years is mighty low.
Are you increasing your weight each workout DJ?

Anyhow if you think you are fat, reduce your calories.

Each to their own n00bs, you can only offer the advice!

4 week bulk, 2 week cut wise. I believe it has alot to do with hormones released during times of plentiful food and calorie restricted periods. n00bs could probably go into more detail. But I believe as you stay on a bulk for a while, your bodies sensitivity to the food drops and it becomes easier to suddenly drop to low calories and burn fat for a little while before your bodies hormones adjust.

Once the cut is finished, your body is much more receptive to food and putting on muscle is easier due to insulin sensitivity etc. That's my rough guess at what the logic behind that is anyway.

I'm planning to give it a go at any rate.

P.S - DKD you couldn't be more right, I'm obsessed with those pictures...phuuuck lol

i would cut. Morgan was right, if you work out to look good than you should look good. also its coming up to beach season.

not sure what your diet is like at the moment but if you just start watching what you eat and make good choices you should lose weight.

work hard on your lifts, you'll keep the muscle if you give it a reason to sick around so keep upping your numbers. you can do more than 80 on the deadlift. you've just never pushed it.

add cardio if you want.

I've heard every extra pound of muscle only burns an extra 6-13 calories per day. So assuming you add 10 pounds of muscle (which is A LOT), you're only burning what? 130 extra calories per day?

n00bs, just ease up on the fells.

Maybe strength is not his goal, but I will admit 80kg after 8 years is mighty low.
Are you increasing your weight each workout DJ?

Anyhow if you think you are fat, reduce your calories.

I havent been deadlifting for 8 years! I've been regularly deadlifting for about 6 months.

I've heard every extra pound of muscle only burns an extra 6-13 calories per day. So assuming you add 10 pounds of muscle (which is A LOT), you're only burning what? 130 extra calories per day?

If it is that low and i highly doubt it i have seen as high as 150cal per kg.

That would simply be at rest.

This is why wlaking is a good exercise for bodybuilders they have such large muscle mass simply wiping there ass burns more calories then most people can exercising.

Thus my point. If u can only press 50kg and deadlift 80kg after years of training and bulking. How much muscle can you have?

I dont care what you say show me a weak bodybuilder or someone with large amounts of muscle that has below begginer strength standards.

Something needs to be fixed the first step is admiting there is a problem denial is a terrible thing.

I just want to help you thats all... People are saying yeah if he wants to look good let him train that way but seirously how much muscle can an 80kg deadlift build?

Im not saying that to be a smart ass im ****ing 100% serious. Its likeyou want to enter bathurst with a ride on mower.

Last edited:
I would advise you to keep lifting heavy and add in some sprints, heavy bag work etc (anything intense that you can do Interval style) cut out any junk and just go from there for a few months and see where you end up.

And John is correct extra muscle burns about 15 cals per kg (estimate). But if you add the added energy expenditure for 10kgs more of muscle just to move you will get even more expenditure. You also have to take into account the added muscle mass making you stronger and therefore more efficient at moving as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I think rather than do a full on cut I would focus on reducing calories gradually until you are happy with you BF %, I think once you get over 20% it is pretty obvious that the extra food may not all be helping.. Moderation is the key.

Simple measures like walking every morning, or cutting out a single aspect of the diet or reducing carbs after lunch can have significant, effects.

First I would up the intensity of your workouts, or add a 15minute HIIT session after your workout, or on off days, to help with cal burning. I would do this before stressing over food, if after 4 weeks you have not noticed a significant drop in weight, reduce your intake..

As for the weights you are pushing, I have to agree with noobs here, it does seem low, i warmup with 10 x 100kg deads, and I am 20kg lighter than you,at about 18%bf.. I am in limbo between looking good and getting strong, i want both.. What traing regime are you using there are some good ones that are recomended on here. HAve a look around, read some journal entries and compare training regimes, see if there is something you can use.. There is also heaps of good food ideas, some very tasty, and well some that I would feed to a dog lol..

Good luck with your quest.,

If it is that low and i highly doubt it i have seen as high as 150cal per kg.

How do you see muscle burn calories :eek:? Well fat is said to burn 2 cal per pound, so muscle burning 3 or more times the amount fat does seems to be reasonable. Of course this is at rest, and as Dave said, doesn't take into account the extra cals from activity etc.

If your fat at 6.2" and 94kg then i would consider starting a beginners routine based on linear progression and continue to bulk to say 105kg to build some mass before you cut body fat.

Good luck with your training.

I was told if you are putting on fat then your not lifting heavy enough, this could explain the fat gain.

Good point the calories should be going towards muscle repair however it is shifting to storing energy...

Thus he is not working enough muscle to be in constant repair.

But dont worry he isnt training for strength he is training for looks.

But then his training isnt wokring obviously? So you suggets something else and he is still right...

LOL

Hey if what you are doing doesnt work by all means keep doing it...

Go have a look at tom venuto's - burn the fat feed the muscle - good read - info packed - go have a look it may help you

No don't buy that book. My mate bought it for around $40 I think? The book gives sound advice, but you can EASILY find the same advice for free from good sources. Try Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition it basically tells you everything that the book tells you, but its free!

Burning fat is so simple:

Eat 500-1000 cals below maintenence
Get your protein requirements (1-1.5g per pound bw)
Do heavy lifting (preserve muscle)
Do cardio (helps create caloric deficit, burns fat)
Take a good multi vitamin, fish oils

Not much to it! But the discipline to do that consistently for weeks on the other hand...

Last edited: