• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Throw Briggs in Jail

No, not all.

I think you can appreciate someone as a sportsperson without subscribing to their belief system.

These quotes have nothing to do with sporting prowess. these guys clearly like Mundine and what he stands for.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm always concerned the dislike of Anthony Mundine is actually closet racism excused as disliking arrogance. Again, I hope I'm wrong and that the Australian people are bigger than that. He's a national hero.

Cheers,
Mike
national hero my ass. :mad:

To right Mike well said, People judge and hate people they don't even really know.
Another supporter

FWIW, I get the sense that MikeW is right about Mundine. I've never met him but I've heard several times in the media from his ex-Dragons teammates and other sources that he's actually a nice guy. I think his desire to sell his fights, combined with his strong self-confidence make him seem like a tool, but my guess he's probably not as bad as what everyone thinks.
Another Supporter

By the way dave ive also met choc and your bang on the money , topbloke who sometimes speaks without thinking, but it and (he ) is great for the sport.
Another Supporter

I've met mundine, he's a SUPER nice guy. Like ridiculously friendly.
Another Supporter

As you can see Barclay these guys support Mundine as a person regardless of his boxing achievements.

This is truley sad.

It's no joke. You reckon Mundine is a Super guy yet he believed in the mass murder of 1000's of people. Where's the joke?

Shrek, relax a little. I could say any one who supports the USA in any way shape or form is a supporter of terrorism. The US through the CIA its Army etc commit acts that would be considered terrorism by people from Iraq (unjust and illegal war which is state sponsored Terrorism) and Afghanistan. So whoever likes the USA for anything is a terrorist supporter and you should all be ashamed. I can like Mundine for his boxing skills but I will not like him for his arrogance and over the top (if you are not humble in any way I probably will dislike you) attitude.

You are also taking one statement made by him trying to explain a cultures beliefs. For all you know (as you have not gone and asked him for a full explanation) he could be explaining how these terrorists believe it is fighting for their rights against a cultural overthrow by the US government and big business. Do I think that is right, no but neither is bombing two cities with nukes or taking people from their own country and detaining them without charge for years.

Dave, if he was disgusted in the events of 9/11 he could have said so or he could have just said nothing, instead he came up with that rubbish.
Anyhow I'll leave it at that because the more I think about that smug arrogant look the more my blood boils.
Damn you Danny Green for losing to Mundine :(

As you can see Barclay these guys support Mundine as a person regardless of his boxing achievements.
This is truley sad.

I can't speak for the others.

I can still appreciate his achievements as a sportsperson without agreeing with his beliefs.

What he said was stupid, he would have been better off just keeping his trap shut.

Back on topic.

What's the go - is Briggs getting paid, is it going to court, has the enquiry been heard yet?

Shrek,

There's Mundine the man and then there's Mundine the mouth. Everyone knows that mouth of his gets him in trouble. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed and will never go into politics, but he is a good boxer and has a good heart. He's even on record as saying Cathy Freeman sold out her blackfella roots. He's not a fan of hers because she doesn't fight the blackfella fight strong enough in his opinion. He's a man with an axe to grind. An aboriginal minority rebelling against western society from a position of weakness.

That comment about 9/11 was stupid. He was making the point that America has brought it on itself. He could have been smarter in making his argument about all the things they've done wrong over the years and why the Muslim people feel forced to fight a dirty war given their lack of military might, but instead he just shoots from the hip. Taking the war to the American people doesn't sit with western philosophy on how a war should be waged, particularly when its our nice secure western society and way of life being attacked but America has a history of taking the war to the people in Vietnam, Afganistan, Iraq and other countries. Its their modus operandi, but they don't like it when it comes back to bight them. They brand the enemy as terrorists and pretend they're squeaky clean themselves which is a load of rubbish. The americans have killed a hell of a lot more civilians in their illegal invasions of sovereign nations than american civilians killed through so called acts of terrorism. Even Iraq wasn't sanctioned by the UN as there was no case for invasion. So America rounded up its good-ol-boy mates and went it alone in a coalition of the willing. Of course, belatedly the UN case that there were no weapons of mass distruction was proved but by then the US had their war and were laying claim to a strategic oil nation with significant geographic advantages in all of the middle east. Here's some light reading for you well in advance of their conjured up illegal invasion. It was a right wing think tank war by the script. Sadam just provided a nice neat catalyst as an excuse to invade as they always wanted to:

A think tank war: Why old Europe says no - OpinionWebDiaryArchive2003 - www.smh.com.au

I don't like what happened on 9/11 and don't condone it in any way, but similarly I don't like a lot of America's war crimes through history and don't condone them in any way either. But to isolate Mundine's comments and brand him and all his supporters as terrorists is way off the mark. He's a passionate man who shoots from the mouth. Its a good thing he's got the actions to back his boxing words or he'd be universally hated for his arrogance. Even now, some can't see past his mouth.

Shrek, don't hate. Its just my opinion and I know the man personally. Like all of us he's only human and has some failings. I personally reckon his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. But others no doubt disagree and have the right to do so. Its a free country.

Cheers,
Mike

Nah haven't heard anything in last few days. That link I attached a few posts back said a retired judge was going to investigate it. That article was dated 27th July, so will probably be a few weeks yet before any further developments I imagine.

It may be pretty hard to prove it was rigged if all players keep their mouth shut though. So I wouldn't be surprised if the investigation is almost as much of a non event as the 'fight' was.