• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Excellent Protein Snack

Gauche

I have been making these since seeing them in one of the mens health books they released.

Recipe:
3-4 bananas (over ripe preferably)
1 large tub of peanut butter (i think they are 750g)
2 table spoons of flax seeds or linseed
6 small or 2 large scoops of a vanilla or chocolate protein

Mix it all together really well then roll it into little balls putting them in the freezer on baking paper. Once they set just eat them straight out of the freezer (never leave them in the fridge). Tasty snack which has plenty of protein and essential fats.

Llew

Wow, I've got to try this - have too many jars of peanut butter in the pantry :)

Only question is though, peanut better generally has quite a solid consistency... does it soften up enough when you mix it with the banana etc?

Mixes well... Gets mighty sticky on the fingers though. After you roll them in a ball they are fine.

Haha, I guess I'll find out soon :) if it gets too troublesome I could use natty peanut butter as the consistency is a lot runnier.

Drooling over making this already!

Been meaning to ask you Katie... What rock climbing shoes do you wear? What ones would you recommend for a part time rock climber?

Sorry in advance for such an unhelpful post, but...... whatever fits you best. Go to a store like Mountain Designs, or Mountain Equipment, and get the people to help you. It should fit snugly around the toes, sides, and heels, without hurting.

If the shop is good they usually have a bouldering wall for you to try out the shoe on!

Reputable brands include Scarpa, FiveTen, La Sportiva, Mad Rock etc.

Definitely take your time when choosing a shoe. And sizes vary hugely between brands so always try 1 size up /down if you are not sure. One time I saw a pair of shoes for the bargain price of $50 and it was the same size as my old pair of shoes (although different brands) so I quickly bought them. Turns out that they were way too big, and I could put a finger between my heel and the shoe at the back (how did I ever miss that?!?!) So just be aware that sizing is quite different between brands.

For a beginner, you want the overall feel to be comfortably snug but not painful at all, with the toes curled up ever so slightly. Really hard core people go for the very painful squeezy shoes, but that's not me, so I can't really say anything about it!

Sounds like a pretty good snack. Do you jsut mush everything up then roll them or do we cut the banana into smaller pieces and coat them before rolling?

How about adding a few scoops of vanilla whey to increase protein content?
Tha last direction included that :S ?

Turbodragon - Just mush it all together mate, gets real thick!

Katie- Thanks very much, the ones I was looking at were Mad Rocks.

Let me know what you think of the snack guys?

:)

I don't grind them and the original recipe that I read didn't suggest so. It wouldn't hurt though...

Two things, if you do t grind flax it passes straight through.
Secondly; flax becomes rancid quite quickly if ground and doesn't store well at all, you need to consume it straight away.
Posted via Mobile Device

Will it not digest in the stomach ungrounded? Surely the digestive acids of the stomach would have some effect on the whole seed?

I'm no expert I was just posting u something I enjoy eating... Enlighten me?

The whole seed is better it slows down digestion resulting in lower levels of blood glucose and other endocrine responses.

The whole seed passes too quickly to be digested.
One solution is to chew the seed about a ts every morning.
Posted via Mobile Device