• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why CrossFit is taking off

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

i know a few who love crossfit... ive done it.. .and its generallly more fun than set gym visits 4 times a week. a lot of it can be done outdoors, and as says all functional use, carry over to heaps of other tasks, lots of arent interested in bodybuilding and big muscles at all. so crossfit is a great alternative to the average person. ive done it and will probably do it again, mixed in with jsut weight sessions.

The Mormons of the fitness world.
When they start seperating you from friends and family, watch out!

lots of arent interested in bodybuilding and big muscles at all. so crossfit is a great alternative to the average person.

My thoughts exactly. Different people have different goals. Good luck to them.

And Player, if you're unsure what I mean by "good luck", send me a PM and I'll run you through it with Power Point slides.

My thoughts exactly. Different people have different goals. Good luck to them.

And Player, if you're unsure what I mean by "good luck", send me a PM and I'll run you through it with Power Point slides.

From the couple of crossfitters that I have run into, I think it has taken off because they have created a tribe. Ordinary people join up with other ordinary people and physically smash themselves to a pulp. They get through it by supporting each other and they keep going because of the group dynamic. They are there to support mates as much as to achieve their own goals. They do a thousand different things so there is always someone going well and someone struggling. I don't know much about the actual workouts but I think the concept is genius, once they create a critical mass the community takes over and it runs itself. Money just keeps rolling in and people love it and they get fit. Everyone wins.

You understand. Same reason why PTC Frankston goes so well. A great atmosphere was created and like people were drawn to it. This was purposefully facilitated for the members to create a great lifting environment which grew and grew. Same happens in commercial gym between regular gym goers (small groups) who band together and encourage regular and better training.

Yeah Dave, I agree that commercial gyms can have a similar vibe but in my experience it runs in a pretty short cycle in that environment. The little groups form and then they splinter and it starts all over again. It has been funny to watch and be part of the process over the years.

The PTCs or even crossfit have a better chance of the culture surviving longer because I expect the people have more in common than regular gym goers.

not always better training, maybe bro 'er training in some cases