• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the recommended dose of AMP?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Don't you hate how supplement companies get away with not listing the amount of AMP is in their 'proprietor mix' because it could either be 10mg or 100mg and no one would have a blinking clue? More often than not I highly suspect that the amount is underdosed, made up for of course by whopping amounts of caffeine. Does anyone know what the correct functional dose of AMP is? As opposed to a recreational dose of course.

Look, this paper reckons that the maximum recommended dose of almost all stimulants is 60 mg, but most people want more to be able to feel good. It quotes 0.5 mg/kg of amphetamine (AMP) preparations (Sachdev P et al., Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2000;34(4):645- 50). Which means a 100kg gorilla should in theory be able to happily train with 50mg in his preworkout.
Prescribing and Dosing Stimulants: Practical Issues | Psych Central Professional

Here, another article suggests that due to its similarity to DMAA a dose of 10 mg to 60 mg is appropriate.
Is AMP Citrate a Good Pre-workout Supplement? | Nootropic Mind

Personally I find that at 85kg, 50mg of DMAA gives me Craze-like effects, so that's become my goto dose if I ever feel the need to get stimmed up. At dosages > 100mg I get nauseous and the feel good factor diminishes logarithmically. I figure AMP would have similar dosage requirements but cannot confirm for sure. Can any guinea pigs here wanna chime in?