• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Vitamin C, The Most Successful Vitamin for Healing

Excellent, around 55mg per kg of bodyweight spread out over 3 serves.

Luckily Vitamin C tablets taste so good!

Problem with them is that asorbic acid will eat tooth enamel.. So best to swallow them whole... Or crush and dirnk through a straw.

Wow, That's almost 30 000mg a day for me!

I need to get some micro scales and a pack of straws.
Has anybody had dramas yet with bowl problems? And at how many mg?
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Another way is start with 2 gram daily, then add 1 g daily then when you start having bowel problems cut back 1 g and that is your dosage.. then after 1 month increase again and see what happens again..

If problems pull back if not keep repeating..

You get the idea..

I like this method better...

Yeh, that's what I'm doing noobs.

But I was just interested if anybody has reached the point of bowl problem yet? And at why dose?

Just to compare that with his 350mg/kg with no issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Sticky, did you figure that out using 350mg a day or the 1/6th of that amount he suggested for preventative use?
350mg per kg a day was for treating things like the black plague and death.

Divide your answer by 6

n00bs, apologies if you have posted this already (but i'm too blind to see if it you have!) but what is the maximum amount your body can process within a given timeframe (a day or per serving 3 times a day)?

I ask this because while at the health food shop getting some raw honey this arvo I asked the guy (naturopath, medical herbalist, clinical nutritionist, iridologist, sports therapist etc etc, just to explain he is not just a cashier) and he said while Vit C is the second least toxic of all Vitamins and an overdose is not really an issue, there is no point megadosing because only a certain amount is absorbed and the rest flushed through.

Have you got any thoughts on this?
I assume you have a nice easy answer, considering that phd used infinity mg a day on people

I have also started swallowing and not chewing my Vit C tablets...so thanks for saving me some money at the dentist

Sticky, did you figure that out using 350mg a day or the 1/6th of that amount he suggested for preventative use?
350mg per kg a day was for treating things like the black plague and death.

Divide your answer by 6

I have skin cancer and a dodgy heart

Although, I thought therapeutic doses were between 100 000 - 250 000mg via a drip? I couldnt really understand what was written in the OP.

Oh and that was using the 350mg/kg of BW. If I used the 1/6 to get that figure....I'd weigh.... 510kg! LOL
Im sure Vitamin C would be the least of my concern

I was reading whta dr saul said.. If it is urinated out that means it was ingested absorbed into your blood stream and filtered by your kidneys then urinated out... so it was in your blood doing its job.. Something can not be urinated out without it having gone through that process. So if it was there it did its job.. He also stated when he is sick he takes 4g evey 10 minutes until he gets better...

Saying that make sure your taking a good multi v as rumour has it it can block b 12 uptake.

Saying that make sure your taking a good multi v as rumour has it it can block b 12 uptake.

I believe b12 was what the guy at the shop said was the least toxic..or dangerous of the vitamins.
So I assume that means if you're hitting the Vit C hard then you can hit B12 hard to compensate?

Will have a read of your mega quote after I finish cooking dinner

b12 nasal spray or b12 injections are the way to go... President Kennedy used to get them..

Just ordered my Vit C from bulk nutrients (along with some other stuff). Will be taking 3-4g a day (250mg doses).

I've been told that by having Heamochromotosis (dont know if thats how you spell it right) being common in my family that having too much Vitamin C in my diet can cause me problems later down the track if its been genetically passed onto me. However I've been told that its a complete load of BS too. My mum, aunt and 2 cousins have had to have blood letting done to counter the effects of having too much iron in their blood, generally through blood donations.
I still take Vitamin C tablets, but only in the morning with brekky, not during the day and give myself a few weeks away from them when I finish the jar.

Interesting read this thread

Blooding doantions for you are a must then..

I cant coment on your supplementation and vitmain c i have heard things but i cant make an informed decision on it. Thats up to you and a good health care professional.

Tim, my fathers side has this condition just get checked out thats what I am going to do. But I too have read its dangerous and also BS so who knows, maybe get your bloods checked after a month on vitamin C.

Noobs, I drink between 3-4l of water a day. Do you think their would be a problem with mixing say 10 000 mg (when I get my dose that high) in 4l of water and just drinking it through the day?
Posted via Mobile Device

Depends what your tolerance is and if you have established that or not..

Dont forget to take a good multi as well.